Just pre-ordered the 9th Gen P65

Discussion in 'MSI' started by vahdyx, Apr 25, 2019.

1. vahdyx

vahdyx Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    ~~Update~~

I cancelled this order and have been having a hard time with HIDEvolution and a Razer product. In hindsight I should have just kept this order.

-----

It's my first time ordering from GentechPC, the guy on the phone was super helpful and gave me some good advice when I was trying to decide on a model. The only thing is I need to receive it before my return window is over with Amazon. So hoping I get it before the 10th otherwise I'll have to cancel.

Core i9-9880H
    NVIDIA RTX2070 (Max-Q)
    32 GB of RAM

I ordered it with thermal pads, and re-paste. I hope it doesn't thermal throttle to the point the i9 was a waste of money lol. I should be happy with this, because I really wanted a 4K panel to get some work done without an external monitor, but it wasn't necessary. The fingerprint magnet of the black one was a pain, so that'll be nice a nice change as well.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    Kevin@GenTechPC and a_bolog like this.
  2. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    I'm really interested in seeing how this octa-core 9880H handles thermals.

3. Support.1@XOTIC PC

Support.1@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Let us know how it handles. I am always interested in customer feedback on there newer models.

4. WhatsThePoint

WhatsThePoint Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Are the new Intel AX200 or Killer AX1650 wireless-ax cards being offered with new notebook orders?
    Is there a Double Shot with the Killer E3000 and AX1650?

I got a pair of the Killer AX1650 wireless-ax cards off US Amazon site that were delivered last week.There's a thread started in the Network and Wireless forum about the AX1650.
    The Intel AX200 is on ebay from China.

5. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    It comes with Intel Wireless-AC 9560 802.11 2.4Ghz/5.0Ghz Dual-Band 1730Mbps + Bluetooth 5.0 / WiDi, and the other choice is Killer Wireless-AC 1550 802.11 2.4Ghz/5.0Ghz Dual-Band 1730 Mbps Bluetooth 5.0.
    However, we will eventually add those options as upgrade choices in the configurator. :)

6. Sabs47

Sabs47 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    OP,
    Did you get the P65 and use it? I'm looking at it as my replacement PC and I cant find a whole lot of information on how the computer is. I'm planning on buying one asap

7. hackness

hackness Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Wow they are offering i9 in the P65 casing now? Hopefully there's a new thermal design, the original design from the 8th Gen GS65 / P65 RTX version is definitely not able to handle that kind of thermal.

8. jeremyshaw

jeremyshaw Big time Idiot

Reputations:
    If it helps, there are now non-K i9 chips. Though they are also 8 core CPUs, lol.

9. Sabs47

Sabs47 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I saw this on the gentech website that the ax200 is now available to be added as an option!

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.