Just Ordered From HIDevolution

Discussion in 'Reseller Feedback Forum' started by Michael George, Feb 8, 2018.

1. BeastsForever.TheDragon

BeastsForever.TheDragon Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ugh, no, the 1080p screen the ship, is clocked at 75hz, whih you can over clock to 100hz. As if youre a VERY competetive gamer, for games like csgo etc, you'll definitely feel the diferwnce between 60, 75,100,120,144hz!

2. Michael George

Michael George Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well, I'm starting to get nervous. HIDevolution has had my order since 2/8, eleven days ago. Granted they found a lit pixel which precipitated a screen change, but that was last Wednesday. Today is Monday. My order status has been changed to "Parts/Product On Order" and Ted has quit sending updates. I will remain patient but not for long.

3. camberman3000

camberman3000 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Mine stayed on the parts/product on order for 3-4 days and finally flipped to in production today but I ordered the P870 and a different screen so it's not exactly apples to apples. Many businesses keep limited stock these days so they don't tie money up on their shelves and orders usually arrive in days instead of weeks like they used to. Just be patient and when the part comes in you should see it flip to in production. :)

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  4. Michael George

Reputations:
    Hooray! Ted sent an email today to let me know that they were having trouble satisfying the no-bad-pixel guarantee for which I paid an extra $30. I had no idea they would have that much trouble finding a perfect panel. The current panel has a dead pixel in the bottom right corner so I'm happy with that. One out of 2million pixels I can live with since it's in nowhere land at the bottom right.

They are going to refund the $30 and get this thing moving! I'm excited again!!

5. Michael George

Reputations:
    I haven't had that "kid-at-Christmas" feeling in many years but I've sure got it now! My laptop shipped yesterday and should arrive tomorrow. Once we had the panel issues worked out Ted lit a fire under those involved and they really got a move on. I can hardly wait to fire up my new beast! I'm very grateful for all the help. HIDev rocks!

6. fapiha66

fapiha66 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Michael George,

Could you do a very simple review of your P775tm about the temperature and fan noise ?
    I'm also trying to decide between P775tm (with a 1080 though) and GT73VR, and my biggest concern of P775tm is the temperature and fan noise, which for sure will be worse than GT73vr, but to what extend is that really matters.

Thanks!

7. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    What are you going to use the laptop to do that an LGA CPU would benefit you? Unless you really can get some benefit from it, I would recommend the cooler and quieter MSI GT73VR that also has a better keyboard, audio and warranty.

The other thing to consider is what LCD you want.

Please feel free to email me at Donald@HIDevolution.com or email me your phone number and I can call you between 5:00 PM and 2:00 AM GMT - Monday through Friday - to discuss any other questions you might have.

Phoenix and camberman3000 like this.
  8. Michael George

Reputations:
    I love my new laptop! My apologies for the delay in tidying up this thread. So far I haven't put much load on it so I can't authoritatively comment on fan noise and heat. At more normal loads the fans are quiet and the thing runs very cool. I'll actually check temps and speeds later when I get a load on it. I installed vMix video switching software on it which is a fairly serious program and it loads in a second or two. Freaked me out the first time. I double clicked on the icon and boom, there it was. That i7-8700 is a beast! If this laptop has a flaw it's the keyboard. Very much like most laptops, it leaves something to be desired. But I didn't buy this laptop to type a book. If it had the HP Omen X keyboard, this thing would be perfect. More impressions later. HIDevolution did a great job!

9. Michael George

Reputations:
    Hey Phoenix, let me know how we proceed. I'm ready for you to do your stuff to my laptop.

10. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    If you want to tag Phoenix, which will let him know you mentioned him in your post, put the @ sign in front of his name thusly - @Phoenix

camberman3000 likes this.