Just had some ghost chili...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by sgogeta4, Apr 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ViciousXUSMC

ViciousXUSMC Master Viking NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Oh man I so want some of those, who serves them.

Seems all the omega hot wing places are located far away in other states. The hottest ones I found in my town were like a pepper hot, like black pepper/pepper spray hot.

So it was not so much spicy as just made your eyes water like hell and made it so you cant breath. I swear they probably just hose them down with a can of pepper spray in the kitchen.

2. Voodooi

Voodooi AFK for a while...

Reputations:
    Fat Cats Pizza

The owner even offered me a free all you can eat 9th Life wing competition with another customer, but I declined lol :p

Epic comment (what I bolted) LOL :D

3. Type 100

Type 100 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just had to point it out: this post gives new meaning to your custom title. :D

Spicy food's an acquired taste, definitely. I'm typically game for most things with capsaicin, but I haven't explored the limit you have. :eek:

4. Star Forge

Star Forge Quaggan's Creed Redux!

Reputations:
    It is weird. I am usualy very low tolerance on spiciness and peppers are my biggest weakness yet wasabi is like a joke to me and I know wasabi is spicier than some peppers that I would say no to for myself...

5. Greg

Greg Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Reminds me of the time a friend of mine went to an Indian food restaurant in the San Francisco bay area. He looks caucasian but he's actually from Lebanon, grew up on spicy cuisine, and when he came to the US he worked his tolerance up even higher than before.

Goes to the restaurant, orders a dish with ghost peppers.

Waiter: "Are you sure you want to order this?"
    Co-worker: "Yes"
    Waiter: "But it has ghost peppers."
    Co-worker: "I know"
    Waiter: "Do you even know what those are?"
    Co-worker: "Yes, but thank you for the warning."

Order placed. Order comes out. Waiter watches as he takes the first bite (and you could see the cook peering out of the kitchen too, almost as if he is standing by with a fire extinguisher).

He turned red but he kept eating. Turns out he even ordered it a few more times in subsequent visits too.

At least that's what I hear. Knowing him and his tendency to push his heat tolerance, it's true.

6. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Papaya salad. I cannot think of another dish that benefits more from being hot and worthless when it is not.

[​IMG]

7. ViciousXUSMC

ViciousXUSMC Master Viking NBR Reviewer

Reputations:

Reminds me of when I get Chinese food, I always tell them to make it extra, extra, extra, extra spicy. They look at me like I am mad, when they make it they assume I am ruining my food and wont eat it.

Them much to there dismay I sit there and gobble the whole thing down without even as much taking a sip of drink.

Makes them sad I think that they cant see me freak out, and instead they probably only think I am a freak.

8. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations: