Just got my 880M twins!

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by Arotished, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PC GAMER

PC GAMER Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hey @Kade Storm , well actually I made a mistake in the settings menu, forgot to relaunch the game so the settings did not take effect. My 51fps was with debris and smoke effect off. I have physX set on my second 880m and I now can constant 34fps on average. What about you? I doubt my 880ms are at full load though. I reckon it's between 70%-90% drops a lot. @Ethrem, can you tell me what your 980ms get? I did read that WB are working to fix a rendering bug for gaming laptops. I guess our performance will be drastically higher once they port it correctly.

2. Kade Storm

Kade Storm The Devil's Advocate

Reputations:
    Yeah, they removed buying option for the game's profile and are working on a series of patches to address these issues. No surprise. At this point, I'll take the 30 FPS if they at least get the rain shader, ambient occlusion and textures running. Apparently, the first patch managed to provide these features, but I can't seem to find them, not even with a new game save.

As to your performance. Yes, you're right. Under SLi, the performance on the second card is low. Disabling SLi, and dedicating the second card to PhysX improves this in some important respects. While my average FPS didn't increase much (approached 38-40 fps), the lowest frame rate was much higher, so it is much more stable. Although again, the game is still failing to take full advantage of the cards. I regularly see the second card being underutilised at 50% while even the primary card has its 70% moments.

Further patches are supposed to address the SLi issue.

PC GAMER likes this.
  3. PC GAMER

Reputations:
    Thanks a lot Kade Storm. I just can't fathom the idea of my most awaited game of the year running like a piece of trash where even a quad Si Titan x is put to shame. I guess I'll just have to wait now. Hey, I was wondering, do you have a custom VBIOS for your 880ms? Also what fps do you get on crysis 3 maxed out with anti aliasing set to txaa med and motion blur medium, assassin's creed unity maxed out with masa 4x? I personally get on average 58fps for crysis with the aforementioned settings and 45 (varies a lot) for ac unity. Thanks a lot:)

4. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    The only way to get decent performance out of this game is to use Inspector to delete the AK profile and attach the game exe to the Unreal Engine 3 profile. This basically kills the second card but performance goes up 20-30% depending on the scene. I posted my results in the AK thread.

PC GAMER likes this.
  5. PC GAMER

Reputations:
    Nice can you link me to it. P.S. I just got lost in the technical jargon :/

6. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
  7. PC GAMER

Reputations:
  8. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Thank the Fox bro... Game stuttered like crazy til his tip... But I can't play past the Batmobile since I haven't played Batman since

Like for real... I never beat that boss... But I was also like... 12.

But I got all the games as far as I know... There were 4 PC right?

PC GAMER likes this.
  9. PC GAMER

Reputations:
    heheheheheheh a Batman fan huh:) Well I am a Batman fan too which is why the arkham knight was my most anticipated game of the year. Yup, that's right, 4 batman games on PC, Arkham Asylum, Arkham city, Origins and the latest being the Arkham knight. I bought them all a couple of weeks back, had a crazy sale going on for them (-75% for all titles except Arkham Knight).

10. PC GAMER

Reputations:
    Hey @Mr. Fox , I just ran Batman arkham knight with SLi disabled. So, it's only one 880m rendering stuff and dealing with physX at the same time. I got 28fps on average. Can you tell me what fps you get with SLi disabled too so I can compare?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.