Just got my 880M twins!

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by Arotished, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    @PC GAMER

What do you mean? I just linked you to the debacle.
    You need to start reading the information people are posting you rather than bury your head in the sand - no offence.
    Calling 980m compatible is a massive stretch fails to appreciate the ongoing problems .
    1. 980m only work in a Pure UEFI environment. That stinks
    2. They throttle unless the user is meticulous in installation and driver editing , even then, often break and throttle.

It won't be upgrading if you're throttling to integrated graphics like speeds.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
    Robbo99999 and Papusan like this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Also fan trouble with (bios/Ec). Not many Aw18 tested with gtx980m, most of them is Aw18r2.

Robbo99999 likes this.
  3. PC GAMER

PC GAMER Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Oh Okay, I guess I'll start reading more forums and just gather more information on the matter first. But as @Papusan mentioned, it was extensively tested on the m18xr2 mostly which is quite an old machine. Maybe the AW18 would provide different results? Let's hope the 1000m series won't be as finicky as the 900 series:).

4. PC GAMER

Reputations:
    Hey @Splintah, I just played Ark Survival Evolved and I got on average 10fps on Epic settings with only one 880m. I heard that the Titan x gets on average 20fps. A 980 Ti gets on average 44 fps with some settings turned down to medium. The game is really not optimized at all.

5. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yeah well there is no 89 average with 1.05.......... 62... So mad...

If I wasn't a mod, the expletives flying from my mouth........ Yeah............

6. PC GAMER

Reputations:
    Yeses well I knew it, the difference between the 980m Sli and the 880m Sli is around 15-20fps. On a side note though, v1.05 is a ****ing joke, it's not the witcher 3 anymore but the bug simulator 3(insert facepalm emoji if there was one). Hey @Ethrem, do you know when directx 12 is coming? You guys are expected to use it at 100% but I am more excited for the fps boost:) BTW, do you guys know anything about the upcoming 1000 series, any leaks or information about it. I find it weird that nvidia will change architecture so quickly, I though they would go with maxwell 2.0 like they did for Kepler but instead are going for a newer so called pascal architecture.

7. PC GAMER

Reputations:
    Hey @Ethrem, have you tested the v1.06 update of the Witcher 3. I don't know if it's out though cause what I got from it was it was suppose to launch this Monday?

8. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I've decided to shelve it for a good 3 months or so. It's still too much of a mess. Like all PC releases these days.

9. PC GAMER

Reputations:
    Nevermind @Ethrem, still a mess. Save yourself the trouble of updating it. The funny thing is I get new bugs with every new update.

10. PC GAMER

Reputations:
    Has anyone tested Batman Arkham Knight yet. I got 51fps on average for the PC performance test (everything set to high, nvidia gameworks set to on). I think to say though, it does not look like all the demos I saw, probs got downgraded as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.