Just bought this MONSTER "MSI GT75VR at HIDevolution" (cheers Don!)

Discussion in 'MSI' started by daperson, Jan 13, 2018 at 2:23 PM.

1. daperson

daperson Newbie

Reputations:
    Haha... just rediscoverd my account from 6-7 years ago :D

Was asking about laptops back then and caused a tizzy.

Well... I'm back in the market and the way most people would buy their dream car, I'm now in a position to buy a dream laptop.

Did a search here and spoke to Donald over at HIDevolution... super friendly, helpful and knowledgeable dude.

Long story short... here's what I'm about to 'Hit The Buy Button' on...

Woohoo!! :D

I only needed to render a 90 second video in after effects xD

KY_BULLET likes this.
  2. Phoenix

Phoenix Colonel

Reputations:
    congratulations man, that's one heck of a beast there, the only thing I'd add is a 2TB HDD in that empty 2.5' bay slot to store your movies and data that doesn't really need any speed like moving your docs/pics/music/videos libraries from the default C: location where the OS is installed to that HDD which should probably be drive E:

when you get it, lemme know if you want me to help you tweak it, here are the Phoenix Tweaks;

1- Uninstallation of all the Windows Store Garbage Apps like 3D Paint, Print 3D, Alarms & Clock, Feedback Hub, Maps, Groove Music, News, Weather, etc.
    2- Removing all Windows 10 Privacy Invasion stuff like Telemetry, sending your keystrokes to Microsoft, automatically installing suggested apps in the background, allowing Microsoft to conduct experiments on your laptop, disabling automatic driver updates through Windows updates, disabling Windows 10 ads, disabling Cortana, Cloud Search etc.
    3- Removal of nVIDIA and Intel Telemetry
    4- Adjusting a lot of options in PC Settings like disabling Windows Tablet Mode (you have a laptop not a tablet), disabling suggestions appearing in the start menu, disabling automatically connecting to Paid WiFi Hotspots, disabling Game DVR which reduced performance in games, and a lot more.
    5- Replacing Cortana with a much better search tool that finds results instantly called Everything which finds any file you want as soon as you start typing even a few letters of its name and it doesn't even rely on the Windows Indexing Service to do this!
    6- Restoring the classic Windows Photo Viewer
    7- Restoring the Classic Windows 7 Start Menu
    8- Removal of the new and useless 3D Objects Folder that appears when you open "Computer"
    9- Completely disabling Windows Defender from its roots (including all scheduled tasks and startup files) for those who want to install their own AV. ESET NOD32 Antivirus is highly recommended if you want the utmost security with the least system performance impact.

[​IMG]

KY_BULLET likes this.
  3. dirtytape

dirtytape Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You are going to love this beast. I played BF1 for 5 hours yesterday and the hottest the gpu got was 67 C. The screen is amazing. No image blur that I can see. Color accuracy is really good. The fans can get loud but i have good headphones and never hear them.

The keyboard takes time to get used to. Takes too much pressure to actuate the keys for my taste but its something im getting used to.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Donald@HIDevolution and Phoenix like this.
  4. sona

sona Newbie

Reputations:
    Congratulations!

You must be very excited--I'm about to write a post that's pretty close to yours (different MSI unit, though): same fabulous help from Donald at HIDevolution today, same amazing experience!

Enjoy!

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.