Just bought the Mother in Law a new S21 in pink. No more apple for her!

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets' started by kojack, Sep 10, 2021.

1. kojack

kojack Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Her craptacular iphone 6s died yesterday, so I went and bought her a new S21. She was also getting fleeced on her data plan. 150-200 bucks month depending on the month, I got her as a tag along on our account sharing our data for 56 bucks a month. That's a better thing for her for sure. Bell is a bit of a rip off on data services compared to telus.

2. ronaldheld

ronaldheld Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    How did you convince her to make the switch?

3. kojack

kojack Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    easy, she's sick of her phone crapping out all the time. That and the fact that bell was ripping her off. Side note, I was into telus 2 times this past week and both times there were people upgrading their iphone because their 6 and 6s respectively was displaying the same behavior my mother in law's phone was doing. When I had her phone doing an upgrade a month ago her battery health was at 87% using apples health check. However, the phone will charge to 100 percent and then once you try to make a call it drops to 10 percent and turns off. Not a behavior that you think of a battery that has almost 90 percent "battery health" would have. Then 2 others in a week like that? hmmmmmmm somethings fishy there.

ronaldheld and Vasudev like this.
  4. Tech Junky

Tech Junky Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No, it's called a FORCED upgrade.

5. kojack

kojack Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Thats what I was implying ;)

6. kojack

kojack Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Phone will be here on thursday. I cannot wait to do a comparison. They could not get pink anymore, so I got her the lavender version. My wife's spiPhone is lavender too, so I am going to do a side by side comparison of both. It's going to be nice for the M.I.L. to have a screen you can read in direct sunlight, unlike our crappy iphones.

7. kojack

kojack Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Got her phone mostly setup. It's far better than my 11 in the short time I have used it. Such a nice modern design and feel. The OS is 1000000 percent better than spiOS.

8. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    why do u have a 11?

9. kojack

kojack Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    You can read all about that in previous posts. I have posted why MANY times around here.

10. nizmoz

nizmoz Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So you bought her a phone that will only last her 3 years with security updates vs 7. That was real smart. I can promise you parents and older people prefer iphones and what they are use too. Easier and more fluid to use. Android will confuse her. You are such a troll here with all the apple hate.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk