Just bought my first new car today!

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Kaelang, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaelang

Kaelang Requires more Witcher.

Reputations:
    So, I was going to go buy a Honda Civic today, but we decided to stop at a Nissan dealership on the way there. A black Nissan Altima Coupe caught my attention and I decided to give it a whirl. Absolutely amazing vehicle. Coming from a 1993 Toyota Camry, I was blown away by the power and quality of the car. Needless to say, I am on a tight budget, but I was able to get the price down about 5k (and then back up like 3k with all the dealer crap and taxes and whatnot).
    Totally worth it though. I didn't have a very good impression of Nissan before, but it really opened my eyes. Love the transmission too.

2. Thierry19

Thierry19 Coffee enthusiast

Reputations:
    Woa, congrats! The new Altima Coupe look amazing!
    Post photo whenever you can, I love the style of this car!

3. Kaelang

Reputations:
    I've got a pic of me with it. Dunno if I want people here to know how bad I look. :3
    Let me see if I have one without me...

4. Kaelang

Reputations:
  5. Kaelang

Reputations:
    Out the door is in the ballpark of 26k (It was listed as 27k, we got it down to 21k, then added the applicable fees), we were able to get 2.9% financing on it and the monthly payment will be around $360/m. My insurance (I'm 18 and male) is also going to be pretty decently priced at $240/m.

As far as pictures, I've been too busy driving it and sleeping to get some decent pics. I'll try later today, I have a bunch of errands to run.

6. Kaelang

Reputations:
    My dad did indeed co-sign. And I do indeed have a decent job for my age. :3

7. Kaelang

Reputations:
    In a minute, sheesh.
    Not even dressed yet. :3

8. Kaelang

Reputations:
  9. allfiredup

allfiredup Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I can see that you got the "Convenience Package" by the 8-way Power Driver's Seat & Leather-wrapped steering wheel. It also has several relatively minor features that should be standard, IMO.

I've had a few Altima sedans as rental vehicles in the last several years and most of them didn't have the Conv Pkg. So they didn't have audio controls on the steering wheel, no automatic headlights, no auto up/down on the passenger side window, and the sunvisors had no extensions and unlighted mirrors..not to mention no power seat or leather steering wheel. Worst of all, from an aesthetic point of view, the sedan has dinky wheel covers instead of alloy wheels. At least the Coupe has the sharp 17" standard...they really look great. And you also got the rear spoiler- a MUST HAVE to complete the look! =)

The CVT is a love-it-or-hate-it feature for most people. Technically, it is more efficient than a conventional automatic, so it has good MPG ratings and is quicker than most other cars in its class. Nissan uses it in all of their cars and car-based SUVs except for the 370Z, so they are becoming much more common. Audi, Mini, Mitsubishi, Subaru and Suzuki are all using them in some/all of their vehicles. They are also used in all hybrid models across the board.

Anyway, CONGRATS on the very sharp new ride!!! It is a lot better looking (and more fun to drive) than a Civic, to say the least... :D

10. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Congratulations on the vehicle, it looks sporty. Your insurance payments seem insane to me, even for someone that's 18. Depends on a lot of factors though.

Now get out there and drive it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.