Just Bought a Sony 360ZG Good Decition?

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by USMC, May 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USMC

USMC Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey everyone im new to the forum, I just bought my first labtop the sony 360zg. I paid $2200. is that a good price? Well first of all im a Marine i will be moving quite a bit. Often we get to duty stations and we have a cable line in the room so i thought i would just be able to hook it up to the computer and watch cable with the gigapocket. Do you need a certian type of cable to record tv shows and burn them to a DVD? But overall my hobby is online gaming, will this notebook do the job? I noticed the video card is a little below par compared to the radion mobility. Does the screen make up for it though? Has anyone noticed a decrease in gaming performance? Im just afraid the video card will be outdated in a few months with all the new game titles comming out like half-life 2. I also got the 16.1" SXGA Screen w/XBrite technology instead of the UXGA is there a mojor performace difference? Also is it possible to hook the notebook up to a TV and play the recorded shows on the tv? im not exactly sure what the gigapocket has to offer. I made the decition to buy this notebook within an hour i didnt have time to reseach it much because I got my orders for Iraq in a week and wanna bring a labtop. Did i got my moneys worth?

2. angelic_shanz

angelic_shanz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes thats a good price for it...I think I paid a couple hundred more. Any kind of cable can hook up to this just use the cable adapter that came with it and plug it into the vhf/uhf spot. In my opinion the graphics card on this is better then alot of the laptops I have seen in the stores and the games play great. The difference of the screen is mainly the resolution, the uxga is smaller then the sxga and its harder to read. Yes its possible to hook it up and play shows on the tv, I haven't done it yet but I plan to. I think that you will be very happy with your laptop, its a great machine [:D].

3. Slat

Slat Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    <blockquote id='quote'>quote:<hr height='1' noshade id='quote'>Originally posted by USMC

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.