Jony Ive Leaving Apple

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by Rodster, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I thought it was iPhone 8.
    EDIT: Usually current Jokebook Pro don't like to see 800MHz cpu speed when cpu temps hits 99C

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  2. Eclipse2016

Eclipse2016 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    hmscott and Vasudev like this.
  3. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I have 3 ipads and 4 iphones right now.

I have tried to use macos 3 times previous and always found it backwards in it implementation. Moving back to Windows was a breath of fresh air

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2019
    Vasudev, Eclipse2016 and Rodster like this.
  4. Rodster

Rodster Merica

Reputations:
    And see, that is a based on user preference. That's exactly my problem with Apple's loyalists. Because they prefer and are used to working with MacOS they say Windows is crap, garbage or they make up some FUD to justify using MacOS.

I can ACCEPT someone saying I use MacOS because I like it or am used to working with it over the years, it's what I prefer to use. Someone saying that, I can accept, but to call another OS crap, garbage or start putting out misinformation saying that using Windows is asking for all kinds of malware and viruses is just plain false. Over the yrs I have visited some fishy websites and in 24 yrs I have encountered 2 viruses/malware on my PC's and one of them was on purpose just to see what it would do.

Windows 10 is no longer Windows XP or Windows 95. It's a very advanced operating system that works perfectly fine for millions if not billions of users around the world. Microsoft has tightened the security of Windows 10 and you can expect several AV and Malware definition updates per day. It also has a very good ransomware feature built in and you can make Windows Defender/Security as aggressive as you want including blocking folders from being written to.

So again, it boils down to what a user prefers for whatever reason but the Apple loyalists still can't let go of the Windoze, Winblows remarks when in fact Linux, Windows 10 is on par with what MacOS is doing today. Each OS has it's different take on how to do things, i.e. MacOS uses Keychain and Windows uses Windows Credentials. MacOS has Mission Control and Windows 10 has a similar feature Task View whereas MacOS still doesn't have the feature I use a lot in Windows which is window peek.

Windows 10 has also gotten to the point where the Windows 10 App Store in some ways is better than the MacOS App Store.

So that said i'm typing this comment on my Mac. How's that for diversity? :)

kojack, Vasudev and Eclipse2016 like this.
  5. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    My lucky number!!!!

kojack likes this.
  6. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Yes the old Mac does not get virus or blue screens. Those are always good remarks. The Mac has more viruses than ever now, and the spinning beach ball is always fun to watch. Hey, I guess it's better since apple gives you something to watch while your computer locks up. Ha ha

Vasudev likes this.
  7. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    A Jony Ive Interview From Five Years Ago Reveals He’d Resign From Apple if the Company Stopped Innovating wcftech.com 1 July 1, 2019

Apple's Ive Reportedly Unhappy With Operations Guy Cook's Passionless Lack Of Design Interest hothardware.com | 1 July 1, 2019

But, but Tim Cook Says Innovation Is Expensive. And design is into this pot from what I know. When will CrApple's Ceo Cook finally see his bean counting will ruin the company? :rolleyes:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Insn't Innovation needed when you see everything go into Hell? Apple Is ‘Facing the Reality of Market Saturation

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    Ashtrix, Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  8. Rodster

Rodster Merica

Reputations:
    This is why I knew that when Steve Jobs was no longer around the company would be in decline. And it's not just me but the tech media who have been asking the question, where are all these Apple innovative products? Tim Cook kept replying, they're in the works. Meanwhile Apple has rehashed all of it's products with the exception of their Watch and Airpods which if you listen to them, sound like crap. I was able to buy a pair of Aukey B80 Bluetooth earphones which sound utterly fantastic and blows away the Airpods and even sound better than their wireless BeatsPro. Their Airpods cost $150, the BeatsPro's cost $250. My Aukey B80's cost me $40 and they sound just as good as wired earphones.

This is what I expected from the post Steve Jobs era and it will get worse especially as sales continue on a downward trend and they need to keep their sales trending upward to pay for their fancy London, NY, Paris, Berlin stores. So this is a telling sign as to why they are moving to services because unlike Steve Jobs no one at Apple has the vision to think outside the box and create "must have products".

Vasudev, hmscott and Papusan like this.
  9. Eclipse2016

Eclipse2016 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    From the WSJ article it seems that Ive just stopped showing up for work and didn't adhere to his responsibilities in guiding the design team, which put them under a lot of stress. The executive asked some pertinent questions about whether the Apple watch would be a compelling purchase for consumers instead of just an 'add-on' luxury. Ive seem to have stewed over that as the watch was his pet project. Cook eventually gave Ive the go-ahead which resulted in Apple selling only a quarter of its projected iwatch sales and leaving thousands of the $17,000 gold designer watches unsold.

Frankly, if I acted like this where I work I'd be fired.

hmscott likes this.
  10. Rodster

Rodster Merica

Reputations:
    That's right up there with Sony marketing the Playstation 3, thinking gamers would buy it even without games just because Sony made it. They were taught a lesson about arrogance when Nintendo and Microsoft showed them up with the Nintendo Wii and the Xbox 360.

Does Jony Ive or anyone at Apple realize what $17,000 can buy you in a watch? How about a beautiful timepiece such as a Tag Heuer or Rolex? And neither one will ever be outdated because they don't require WatchOS.