John Dvorak on Win8

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Pirx, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pirx

Pirx Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Look here, seems like I'm not the only one:

"The real problem is that it is both unusable and annoying. It makes your teeth itch as you keep asking, “Why are they doing this!?”

"No business will tolerate this software, let me assure you. As a productivity tool, it is unusable."

"This is a problem for Microsoft investors. The potential for this OS to be an unrecoverable disaster for the company is at the highest possible level I’ve ever seen. It ranks up there with the potential for disaster that the Itanium chip presented for Intel Corp. It’s that bad."

"The public and enterprise users are going to demand Windows 7 throughout 2013 and until Microsoft gives up on this soulless Metro interface and gets a new design team, fast."

2. coolguy

coolguy Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yes, the metro UI wouldn't suit the traditional desktop users. It makes things much slower.

Who has time to switch back and forth between the desktop and the start screen?

3. Falco152

Falco152 Notebook Demon

Reputations:
    I thought the metro UI is designed for the future for those who can't even learn two different interfaces. The very same people who treat their pc as smartphones

4. davepermen

davepermen Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    still there, not being able to understand win8, prix, and thus making "your point" showing you don't understand it?

fun. i left for so long, and you have not learned anything. in the meantime, i continue to enjoy win8 and understand it, and laugh about all of those points.

and i'll leave again for half a year, or so, thanks to annoying haters who can't move on and LEARN TO UNDERSTAND NEW STUFF.

and yes, on the desktop, and it rocks.

5. Pirx

Pirx Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Good for you, Dave. Enjoy!

The rest of us, in the meantime, is going to wait until somebody offers a usable UI for Win8.

6. TreeTops Ranch

TreeTops Ranch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    And Dave, some also said the same about windows ME. ;)

7. olyteddy

olyteddy Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Metro Edition...Coincidence? :eek:

8. TANWare

TANWare Just This Side of Senile, I think. Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I have to agree the public and business users will want to keep Windows 7 for quite some time. Will M$ alow this on new systems, doubtfull. They will force us to get the new OS. This is why I contemplate real soon upgrading so that I'll have another system that will last for four years or so.

On another note, as they say money talks and bull walks. Well the money people are talking and not saying very good things. Maybe M$ will listen a bit more closely..............

9. SL2

SL2 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    What's MS excuse for forcing this on desktop, non-touch users? Why won't they allow any options? (Spare me the sarcasms and jokes.;))

Sure, MS want to have similar looks across the operating systems, but is it worth all these unsatisfied customers and lowered sales?
    Honestly I don't understand this, it will only lead to lowered sales now, even if everybody uses in 2015.
    I'm not going to miss the start menu, but MS should have kept it as an option until W9, at least.

10. hockeymass

hockeymass that one guy

Reputations:
    I'm going to miss the start menu if the alternative is a goofy fullscreen collection of colored tiles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.