Ivy Bridge Zenbook with FHD IPS screen UX21A UX31A UX32A UX32VD

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Mech0z, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forumbrah

forumbrah Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    35 seconds...that is terrible

2. vindicator83

vindicator83 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just ordered the S13A Premium from Sony.com. Got a 10% student discount and free PS Vita.

I now have 3 laptops, ThinkPad T430s, Zenbook UX32, and now this Sony one. I will have to return two of them.

This sony is the best of all of them. You can dock it, has ton of features, M processor, good resolution, looks nice. I'm excited about this sony. Its more Business focused and thats what I need!

3. urbanglowcam

urbanglowcam Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    But how do the screens compare on all of them? I'm looking for something that is matte, has the best color accuracy possible, and the sharpest picture. I haven't seen anything that really beats the Asus for the size.

4. jedighost

jedighost Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Depends. Compared to HDD, not so terrible. Compared to HDD/SSD hybrid factory solution, still much better.

I recommend putting it to SLEEP. Over 12 hours, the battery drained less than 4% in Sleep mode. Wakeup is practically instant, like 2 seconds from pressing Power to be at Desktop fully ready.

And I haven't even tested Instant-On.

With a 1.7Ghz Cpu, 35 secs are just fine, IMHO.

5. xeofreestyle

xeofreestyle Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    How did you go about doing this? Did you put the windows 7 backup on an external harddrive and then uninstall windows 7 from the 500GB hard drive, and then reinstall it on the SSD?

6. lasko25

lasko25 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes I am curious about this as well

7. jim1123

jim1123 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  8. Silvr6

Silvr6 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My i5 UX31e does it in 22 seconds on a cold boot, so 35 seconds doesn't seem all that bad, plus these times are cold boots, I probably cold boot it once a day and use the sleep function 90% of the time.

I want to buy the UX32VD as i have a spare 7mm ssd, but i was happy to see a member install windows on the internal ssd.

Would really like to see the notebook in person to compare the thinkness to my current ux31

9. rd263

rd263 Newbie

Reputations:
    My UX31A-DB51 has already died. It started locking up on me after about 20 minutes and got worse from there. Plugging anything into USB made it freeze. Could not get online reliably. Finally tried a factory reset and it did not even make it all the way through without locking up and starting over. Now if it turns on it is stuck in install mode.

Will be returning to Amazon. Decided against an exchange as I was not happy with the backlight bleed on the screen. I mentioned in a previous post that I noticed some in the upper right corner. When I used it in a dimly lit room, the whole bottom seam, half the right and about a third of the top were bleeding. It was not just some light at the edge either, it went in a good 1-1 1/2 inches in a couple places. I was going to take a picture of it but the machine is pretty much dead now.

I will wait and see what others report before deciding whether or not to go with this model again. I am hoping my screen was just a lemon like the rest of the system.

10. WaryWolf

WaryWolf Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This video compares the ux31a and the ux32vd side by side at a convention, the lady taking the recording even stacks them one on top of the other so you can compare thicknesses. hope that helps :)

ASUS Zenbook UX32VD with Nvidia Graphics Hands On - YouTube

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.