1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Ivy Bridge Zenbook with FHD IPS screen UX21A UX31A UX32A UX32VD

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Mech0z, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Don1

Don1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just a guess but the .exe probably didn't recognize the OS and might have installed the wrong version. You could try setting compatibility mode to win 7 and run it again. Probably won't make a difference but worth a try.

2. tonyo531

tonyo531 Newbie

Reputations:
    Is anyone else having issues with drivers after upgrading to an SSD? (Using a UX32VD-DB71)

I upgraded to a Samsung 830 (256GB) and reinstalled win7. Now trying to reinstall the drivers. Seems like I have to install the asus drivers one by one as downloaded off the website.

A few of them have given the error message "Sorry, this program only supports ASUS notebook!". Has anyone else ran into this problem? Any workarounds?

Thanks

edit: To be more clear, the Splendid Video Enhancement Technology drivers don't work, which I believe make the screen brightness function keys work.

Power4Gear installed alright, but on reboot it gives me "This program will only work on ASUS computer"

3. AmoebaAstronaut

AmoebaAstronaut Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Once again, what is the recommended CAS latency of the 8gig stick when doing the ram upgrade so you can get dual-channel to work?

4. slowrey

slowrey Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I think you want CAS11 but it won't run dual channel mode since they are different sizes.

5. surge887

surge887 Newbie

Reputations:
    How can I check after I upgrade the ram at what speed is my ram running? I got the 8 gb patriot cas 11.
    Also do you guys think asus will fix our screens if we RMA them at the turn of the new year? I woulod do it now but school starts in 2 weeks. Also, I have no fan problems but I wuld like to take advantage of the issd along with my upgraded ssd, will using issd cause fan problem related to the instant chace it has stored?

6. hoted

hoted Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hi guys, i just got my ux32vd and samsung 830 ssd as well as an 8gb 1600 cl11 ram.
    would you guys recommend a clean install or a restore of the backup i created?

also, if i were to do a clean install, would i put in the ssd first and load the iso from my usb? to my understanding, once i put in the ssd there will be no os on the computer so am i still able to install windows 7 through a usb?

as for drivers, i heard that many people have had trouble installing certain drivers such as rapid start. is there a way to work around this? thanks!

7. shawngee

shawngee Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Has anyone purchased the UX32a? I spoke to Asus corporate office and they told me that the bleed issues on the UX31a and UX32vd were due to a bad batch of IPS displays.

8. Deathalo

Deathalo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Very interesting, I hope this guy really was telling the truth and that the fresh batch of zenbooks will be bleed-free.

9. iareraccoon

iareraccoon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys I just got the UX32VD today and so far it seems great! However, my issue is that the internet speed appears to be painfully slow on this laptop. With speedtest.net I get 15mbps with my iphone on the same wifi network, whereas I get 0.34 mbps when I test it on my zenbook!? Does anyone know how I can adjust this? Thanks!

Also, what are some bloatwares I can uninstall?

EDIT: This is when my laptop is plugged in and set to high performance!

10. shawngee

shawngee Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ya, unfortunately, I have no way of knowing. I know that in a few Best Buy locations they have not placed a new order for the UX31a's, so I am assuming they might be rejecting the problem units, but that is just an assumption I have made after being told that they did not place a new order.