1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Ivy Bridge Zenbook with FHD IPS screen UX21A UX31A UX32A UX32VD

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Mech0z, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Alchemist

Alchemist Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Earlier in this thread there is a post about a MicroSD adapter kickstarter project that makes a 1/2 height sd card that holds a microsd card so you can get a flush mount on an macbook air. The same thing should probably work fairly well with the asus.

2. reddd123

reddd123 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  3. fantik

fantik Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  4. Don1

Don1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Because the notebooks will have removable screens and become tablets on the go. However instead of the comical specs associated with the tablets today they will have all the power of modern laptops.

Asus Transformer Books announced - powerful ultrabooks with detachable displays

It's not half the weight when the keyboard is removed. An ipad weighs 1.5 pounds, a 13 inch ultrabook can weigh as little as 2.4. Imagine what an 11 inch will weigh without the keyboard and that will have 50 times the power on an tablet in existence. MS is betting their future on it and all of the laptop maker are jumping on that bandwagon.

5. laidback

laidback Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  6. Don1

Don1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  7. fantik

Reputations:
    Don1
    i recommend to take ux32vd with i7 and IPS/FullHD... And put inside whatever slim (7mm) SSD you like 128-512GB... Also you will get extra 32GB ssd on motherboard from Sandisk.
    And I also recommend to put 8GBx1 memory inside...
    With the same price you will get extra nvidia 620m gt graphics...

8. bhavint007

bhavint007 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey, for those who have wiped out bloatware and all the other stuff that consumes space on the asus zenbook ux31a-db51 (like on instant on thing), how much space do you guys have left? I have 74 gb left when turning on my laptop for the first time and

should i do clean install?

9. reddd123

reddd123 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What exactly is on the iSSD? Is there system files we need on it if we put in our own ssd and install windows on that full size ssd?

10. fantik

Reputations:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/asu...ow-install-windows-7-integrated-32gb-ssd.html
    I don't know what was there. I formatted it firstly and put there windows7 installation disk files for installing windows to another SSD

Now I use it as secondary SSD for backups and clone other important data from another primary SSD