Ivy Bridge Zenbook with FHD IPS screen UX21A UX31A UX32A UX32VD

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Mech0z, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phalanxz

Phalanxz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    seaDonkee: Disabling touchpad can be done by using FN + F9, granted you have the ATK-drivers.

FN + F9 is more work than if the computer had autodisabled while typing and back on again when not typing, but it's livable imo.

2. uppeli

uppeli Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Seems UX32VD is hard to come by, you think they are fixing some of the problems with it before shipping more or do they just have a hard time making enough. i ask this beacuse here in Finland they have pushed the release date back several times. First it was supposed to come out week 28 then they changed it to week 29 and then they changed it to week 30 and now yesterday they said sorry that it will come in week 32.

UX31A is in stock tought since this week. The pricing policy is a bit weird here tought. First i tought id get the UX31A, but they offer only the i7 128ssd version here for 1299 euro. UX32VD is in 3 versions tought i3 version for 799 euro, i5 for 999 euro and i7 for 1099. So i decided to order the UX32VD i7 version beacuse the other 2 dont come with full hd screen. But seems to me that the UX32VD is priced about the same or higher in USA than the UX31A.

3. wlulaw2015

wlulaw2015 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    can someone tell me how to spot the adata on the brown box, i know the black box is likely to have the "sandforce" sticker on it, but im worried that bb reps won't let me open the brown box to see what sticker is inside, so what should i be looking for on the outside? Thanks

4. hadisious

hadisious Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Just explain to them what you are trying to do. Reps at two different BB allowed me to check inside for the black box (4 of which were sandisk :(). AFAIK it's not possible to tell from the brown box.

5. wlulaw2015

Reputations:
    thanks..im in dc right now and there are two bb near me, one in va that has them in stock now, and one in md that i will have to ship to the store, hopefully the va one has it, im also going to va cuz they have a lower tax rate..lol

6. ZenErik

ZenErik Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    My UX31A just randomly shut down. Lovely.

7. wlulaw2015

Reputations:
    have u had any other problems with it? and where did u get it from

8. ZenErik

ZenErik Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Got it from MicroCenter last night. If it happens again it is going back. :/ No other issues. There's a little backlight bleed but not enough to annoy me. SSD is SandForce ADATA

9. hotsauce

hotsauce Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Welcome to the club :(

I was not even touching mine when it just died. If it's a hardware issue, that confuses me because there are zero moving parts anywhere on this thing. If I was klacking away on the keyboard when it shut down I could understand (loose internal wire or something). I'm thinking it's poor software somewhere along the way.

Whatever the case, this is very concerning. I cannot risk just losing what I'm working on because the machine decides to die with zero warning.

I'd bet this is going to be more widespread as more people get their UX31As...

10. ZenErik

ZenErik Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    If this is a persistent problem may just have to get a MacBook Air. As much as it pains me. I know I can count on Apple for support. After my 15 or 30 days are up with MicroCenter, where do I stand? Shipping it off to Asus to receive it back weeks later and potentially unfixed?

The problem with the MBA is that I NEED Windows for some things I do. Dual booting is something I would rather NOT do, but MBA battery life is terrible in Windows. There is just no perfect solution.

At least my Asus Transformer Pad is nice. Probably going to upgrade to the Transformer Infinity. They make nice tablets. Nexus 7 looks great too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.