Ivy Bridge Zenbook with FHD IPS screen UX21A UX31A UX32A UX32VD

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Mech0z, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mykie

mykie Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm not sure what the ATKACPI driver was supposed to do, but the first time I restarted, a bunch of error messages came up, the next time I restarted everything seemed to be back up and running.

As for the "Smart Gesture" software, blech! I'm going back to the last Elan drivers. Seems like Asus has added some horrible cursor acceleration and inertial scrolling, neither of which work very well.

2. seaDonkee

seaDonkee Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Agreed, I uninstalled Smart Gesture and reinstalled the Elantech driver. All of my settings and the three finger middle click registry tweak still work fine. Honestly, once I disabled inertial scrolling, tweaked a couple of settings and added the middle click drop-down, I really have no complaints with the Elantech driver.

For those wondering, the new Smart Gesture still didn't add (at least I didn't see it) an option to disable the touchpad while typing.

3. wlulaw2015

wlulaw2015 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thankfully the bb nearest to my job has a ux31a in stock, so on Monday hopefully the box can tell me if its the adata or not

4. hotsauce

hotsauce Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So my few day old UX31A just decided to shut down immediately while I was working on an important document.

What's with that? I have a Lenovo X230 sitting here in the box and I am trying not to open it (I can return it with no restocking) but if this Zenbook keeps this shutting down up, I may not have a choice.

Anyone else have this happen? No rhyme or reason. Just a dead shutdown (immediately turns off with no shutdown sequence).

I'm stock. Battery full (and plugged into the wall).

5. mykie

mykie Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    That sounds like a hardware issue; no software would be able to bypass the Windows shutdown sequence. Something like a power cutout.

Either return or service.

6. sleepsilver

sleepsilver Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey,

How are the temperatures on the UX32VD while gaming on maximum and low settings? While casually browsing what are the temperatures in key spots such as the bottom (if placed on the lap), the keyboard, the touchpad, palm rests. And how is the fan noise during casual use, gaming, etc.?

I'm concerned because the UX32VD uses rebranded Fermi chips with a TDP of 35 watts versus newer chips such as the GT 640M-LE, which uses Kepler architecture and has a TDP of only 17 watts.

Thanks!

7. hotsauce

hotsauce Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  8. mikol

mikol Newbie

Reputations:

Any help with these? I would also like to know how to format and do a clean install of Windows on the UX31A

9. ZenErik

ZenErik Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    What's a good replacement charger for the UX31A? I am not sure whether to trust the ones on eBay. I would prefer original, but they appear to be $100 on Amazon. Any other options? Asus doesn't sell them?

10. liamhedge

liamhedge Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm going to join the people who'd love someone who knows what they're doing to explain how to do a fresh install on the UX31A. There are a few partitioning things which are confusing the hell out of me (GPT v MBR?) and I'm not sure what I need to do with USB and wifi drivers. I've done a lot of research, but can't possibly get myself feeling confident enough to actually brave anything.

Thanks in advance,
    Liam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.