Ivy Bridge Zenbook with FHD IPS screen UX21A UX31A UX32A UX32VD

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Mech0z, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pettza78

Pettza78 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have Graphics Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 6,3, all the others are the same except for the hd which I'm using the sdd on the mobo instead of a Samsung SSD. Check your power settings/gfx settings and make sure you aren't throttling your Intel GFX card.

2. seaDonkee

seaDonkee Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My intel 4000 WEI score shot down too after upgrading to the SSD, uprgrading RAM (corsair cl10) and re installing windows and using the drivers from the ASUS site. I checked my power profile and didn't see anything relevant that could be causing the issue in the intel settings.Could it be the CL10 ram lowering the speed to 1333mhz?

GENERAL QUESTION: Does anyone who actually reinstallled windows, upgraded ram AND upgraded to an SSD actually have a score of 6.3+ for the intel graphics?

3. ZenErik

ZenErik Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'll let you know how things go when I get my UX32VD. I am going to upgrade to 10GB RAM, Samsung 830 256GB, and make a ASUS recovery disk. I could do a clean install of Win7, but I would rather make some recovery disks and uninstall bloat after.

4. bhavint007

bhavint007 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys i'm new to this forum, but i read a lot on the fan issue. Is there a fix for this? I just received my ux31a yesterday with the adata ssd, and minimum backlight bleeding.

5. fastertove

fastertove Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello.
    I just received my UX32VD-R4002V (Denmark) earlier today.
    I have been reading a lot about the issues on this thread and I don't have come across any bad ones... yet.
    The screen is very great - no bleed (perhaps a few millimeters when maxed if you look extremely closely)
    No keyboard flex at all -But I do prefer the one in Asus u36jc.
    The touchpad isn't that great -like many have written about before. Worse is the difference in sensitivity when i go up/down compared to when moving to the sides. I hope this is a driver issue, because it's a bit annoying.
    One of the four feet under the laptop doesn't seem to contact the table completely, (this is probably due to tightening the screws wrong from the fabric - ill change the harddrive to a SSD, that might fix it?) This really isn't a problem, just mentioning it to be thorough.
    The speakers sounds great. First thing I did was to play the Avatar trailer in fullHD and max volume - very nice indeed.
    Going to spend this weekend to test the rest out, like installing D3 to see if the graphic is okay and testing the different ports. Then I'll order the Samsung 830 SSD and some more RAM, because the hard drive seems a bit slow IMO. Thx for all the great posts guys!

6. ZenErik

ZenErik Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I can't stand XoticPC. Ordered last Thursday morning only because I was told by multiple reps that they had the laptop in ample stock.

I've been asking for the past few days if there is any way I could get the laptop more quickly. They said it would be $119 for 1 day shipping. A complete rip off, but I said fine.

And now today... 5 minutes ago I get an e-mail from them saying that the laptop is out of stock.

Thanks a lot. :/

7. jedighost

jedighost Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ALL UX32VD OWNERS:

Since yesterday, new Touchpad and ATKACPI drivers came out, and also a new LiveUpdate utility. Please test them and let us know if the fan-behaviour and mousepad behaviour has improved or not.

Downloads for UX32VD
    Run Asus Livepudate if you installed it (or if you have the factory Win7 installation), if not: then go to Utilities, download ATKACPI, and go to Touchpad and download the new driver.

I'm waiting for your feedback, guys.

8. Don1

Don1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    nm..I just realized you may not have it.

9. ZenErik

ZenErik Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    What's the word on UX31A SSD's from MicroCenter? All ADATA SandForce or some reports of SanDisk?

10. Alchemist

Alchemist Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I had 2 from microcenter. Both with ADATA Sandforce drives. They went back for other reasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.