Ivy Bridge Zenbook with FHD IPS screen UX21A UX31A UX32A UX32VD

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Mech0z, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jim1123

jim1123 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I was hoping to get a universal power supply, but none of them include a 3mm/1mm power tip. I might just have to get one from Asus :rolleyes:

2. Zer0 C00l

Zer0 C00l Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Placed order for 1.35v mushkin ram

Now Just need a cheap sale on a crucial m4 or samsung 830 SSD in 512GB size. Probably go with crucial m4 when it dips to 380

Newegg is really effed up right now. It shows prices of like 80-90 dollars next to the 512GB ssd's then you click on it and it shows the real price.

3. atseng

atseng Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Lol. Yeah.. I figured it's difficult to see on video as I am by no mean a pro in taking/posting videos. I figured it's quicker to post the pics than trying to figure out the whole video. It's also easier to get pictures in focus.

Box already wrapped up ready to go back to Newegg.

4. breakdown234

breakdown234 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    lols, nice zero, 80-90 hell for that price ill buy a shipload of em xD

5. chicgeek

chicgeek Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think increasingly people are moving towards having dedicated media servers. For example, my boyfriend and I have about 5 terabytes available from a little Acer nettop running arch Linux and xbmc. Also for me, all my photos are in at least one of a few cloud services online.

Once you eliminate music, video, and photos from your computer, then 256 GB is tons of space. ;) I'm not saying it's the solution for you, but media servers might be an explanation as to why others aren't bothered. :)

6. Zer0 C00l

Reputations:
    I have a 5 bay NAS hot swappable with 5x 2TB drives in RAID 5. I use that as my central media storage area. I want to upgrade it to 5x 3TB drives as im down to only 2.5 TB left but just cant afford that now. The NAS is made by Lacie

That being said I don't know why but I still like lots and lots of local storage space on my machines. Just the way I am

7. alguren

alguren Newbie

Reputations:
    Noone got this problem? Or can anyone help me fix it? :/

8. vindicator83

vindicator83 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I agree. I just got the new Sony SV13A in the mail (I returned it because the screen sucks beyond suck) and the trackpad was 100x better than the on one UX32VD. The Sony also felt lighter even tho it was .4lbs heavier.

Regardless of all this, I'm keeping the Asus -- the screen is amazing, the sound is awesome, the trackpad will take some getting used to, but IMO its the best "ultrabook" on the market right now.

9. Zer0 C00l

Reputations:
    its trackpad does suck but i almost always have a mouse hooked up unless im like on a plane or something

10. vindicator83

vindicator83 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm always working in random places, coffee shops, in the middle of nowhere, I have a small mouse I can bring, but after using the trackpad for a little bit you will get used to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.