Ivy Bridge Zenbook with FHD IPS screen UX21A UX31A UX32A UX32VD

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Mech0z, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chicgeek

chicgeek Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    NCIX has it in stock for Canadians:
    ASUS UX32VD-DB71 Intel Core i7 3517 4GB 500GB 24GB SSD GeForce 620M 13.3IN IPS HDMI WIN7HP Ultrabook - ASUS - UX32VD-DB71

2. ux32vdssd

ux32vdssd Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I didn't get the error. I used Microsoft's USB tool to burn the ISO image (Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit with Service Pack 1) to a USB stick, and it booted just fine and installed fine. USB 3.0 is backwards compatible with USB 2.0.

3. Don1

Don1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    On the 31A after the boot is done? Not on mine and I also have no flex at all on the keyboard. Here is an experiment I just tried. As I see bleeding during boot I figured I would set the desktop theme to high contrast black assuming I would see it again and I see nothing.

4. Toolie

Toolie Newbie

Reputations:
    bleeding and flex is on my ux32vd..I guess because its not uni body.

Thanks for the reply. I tried Microsoft's USB tool but it fails almost always at 99% to create boot stick..so I burned it with ultra ISO..I will try to download windows 7 again from Microsofts site.

Thanks

5. tjp888

tjp888 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Definitely. I calibrated mine with my Spyder 4 and it made a very noticeable improvement. If you are finicky about color accuracy you owe it to yourself and invest in a Spyder. In addition, an IPS monitor is more capable of color accuracy that a typical TN panel.

6. merkman

merkman Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Newegg.com and Buy.com are two of the few places left that won't charge you sales tax. I could have and maybe even SHOULD have bought an UX32VD from them Friday morning before they went out of stock, and I've been regretting not having done it ever since. Like you, I'm in WA, and I dunno if Fry's in Renton would have one to see it in person, or perhaps Infotech since they are a preferred ASUS reseller. But when something is REALLY hard to come by like these are, I never really find them local.

7. simont19

simont19 Newbie

Reputations:
    Can you share your color profile with the rest of us ?? or is it only usable to those with Spyder software installed.

I was going to try & calibrate by eye but am very confused where to start as there appears to be color config options in:

a, Intel driver
    b, nvidia driver
    c, Photoshop
    d, Asus splendid utility

8. jim1123

jim1123 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Would you be able to post your UX32VD calibrated ICC profile file? :D

I just picked up my UX32VD, some backlight bleed, a bit of keyboard flex, but nothing too bad. My other computers have SSDs and this thing feels terribly slow in comparison, an SSD upgrade is next on the list.

9. Don1

Don1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If you think this is slow be glad you didn't get the sandisk.

10. CompUG

CompUG Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I just got my UX32VD from Newegg ordered on Friday and got it earlier today.

Amazing design, very light and beautiful screen. So far I hear no fan noise and I am in a very quite room, however I am just doing browsing and watch Youtube videos.

No keyboard flex even when I press on key or hit the keyboard hard.

Screen bleeding light? I think I just don't notice it and if its there its very little, hardly noticeable.

I have one question how can I use the volume key, screen brightness key and keyboard light screen without actually having to hold fn and press volume key to lower the volume or mute etc. Is there a way to just have it where I press volume it goes up/down/mute screen brightness change without holding fn.

Thanks. Also any drivers I should D.L?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.