IUNLOCK Re paste Review

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by Cerreta28, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Wormwood

Wormwood Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Even if that is the case, personally I haven't seen anyone have any issues on the Discord but have heard of bans on other media that, provided that there weren't details being left out, I would disagree with, that doesn't excuse his behavior or change why he was banned.

You can keep exalting him all you want but that is not going to alter what happened or the fact that his trustworthiness has been called into question and I cannot recommend his services to anyone after what has occurred.

2. Wormwood

Reputations:
    Möbius is being denounced here because he advocated illegal activities. This called his personal integrity into question and is something that should be told to people who are considering sending systems to him (because, and you might disagree, I wouldn't send a laptop to someone who unabashedly advocated fraud).

3. Papusan

Papusan BGA Filthy = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    You talk a lot about Fraud. This isn't the first time a see. Same from several Aw owners. They use it to get MB replacement due the well known TRIPOD mess.

4. jrwingate6

jrwingate6 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    What kind of illegal activities did he advocate?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5. iunlock

iunlock 7820HK @ 4.7GHz

Reputations:
    Thanks mate. All for the love of the sport and cheers to that.

I have several systems with LM magic floating around Europe... @Pete Light is the only guy I would recommend reaching out to in that part of the World that I know personally, who would do a good job.

Feel free to PM.

It'd be best to not open that can of worms. Info. can be found through proper channels.

I have several systems that have been LM'ed for over a year now and there are zero issues. This includes my MBPr, XPS 15 and AW laptops.

The only time LM can get a bit out of the norm is if there are gaps...which at that point is a given.

LM if done properly works wonders and will likely outlast the laptop as it doesn't deteriorate like traditional paste(s).

Vasudev, Pete Light and Wormwood like this.
  6. Wormwood

Reputations:
    Nothing in the post you linked indicated that the poster was suggesting an unapproved or otherwise illegitimate motherboard exchange, in fact the original poster had talked to Dell and they were going to replace the heatsink and motherboard, so I don't see how that is relevant to the issue at hand. There is a huge difference between repairing systems with legitimately obtained parts and using stolen or otherwise illegally obtained ones (e.g. ones obtained through defrauding Alienware/Dell).

Also, even if it was a common practice, it doesn't change the fact that what Möbius endorsed is illegal and could have very real legal consequences. Plus, again, would you trust your system to a person who openly suggested fraud and theft?

I know I wouldn't.

Without going into too many details, fraud, return fraud, and theft.

iunlock likes this.