Is windows not stable enough to run multiple games?

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Casowen, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Life was much simpler before cheating became so common, and crappy anti-cheat software became a thing. Sadly, some of the anti-cheat crapware even interferes with running legit applications in single player campaigns. I've heard some of them are extra stupid and blacklist things like RTSS and HWiNFO64.

Papusan likes this.
  2. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Not really. As far as a game would know, it's just another computer. Could really only see an issue if you're trying to log into the same account multiple times at the same time, if the game has issue with that.

3. Aivxtla

Aivxtla Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I've for example switched into DoTA a few times when a friend or friends invited, while another demanding game was running and with Chrome and other stuff still in the background, never had any issue with the Dell in my signature, which has the same CPU but a GTX1060 in my case for GPU. It could also be an issue with the game itself that you're are running. Another thing I've seen often is those with issues quite often have "tweaked" windows a lot or played with certain things like disabling page file or setting it really low for example, even if you have adequate RAM. I hope you haven't done too much of that sort of stuff.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    Spartan likes this.