Is this the Best 15 Inch Notebook on the Market Now ?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by ApopoBanana, Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    no

2. ApopoBanana

ApopoBanana Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    can i somehow upgrade that hpzbook myself and put a better cpu or GPU inside like the 970m ?

3. ApopoBanana

Reputations:

what should I do then? just pay more for them to do it. cause I want the dreamcolor display... and the HP studio is better then the dell xps 15 so its the best one you can get??

4. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    you want new cpu, gpu. buy another zbook/xps/precision, not possible to change.

5. Starlight5

Starlight5 Yes, I'm a cat. What else is there to say, really?

Reputations:
    No.
    Yes.
    I've had trouble navigating HP German website, and it produced errors while configurating, so can't provide exact link - but I suggest you a configuration with Dreamcolor Display, i7-6820HQ or Xeon 1505M, Quadro K1000M, 90Wh battery - and as little memory as possible, and preferably only HDD, or cheapest-smallest SSD. Then, you could buy more RAM and some good SSD or two on Amazon or Ebay.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  6. moviemarketing

moviemarketing Milk Drinker

Reputations:
    These days, I believe Clevo is the only remaining option for upgradeable (non-BGA) CPU in laptops. As for the GPU, there are only a handful of manufacturers left incorporating MXM graphics cards.

Upgrading RAM and storage is simple enough in most laptops that are not super thin ultrabooks.

Which specific applications will you use that would benefit from workstation graphics (Quadro/FirePro)?

Kent T likes this.
  7. ApopoBanana

Reputations:
    the M1000M graphics card is not interesting to me at all.

the main points why I want this notebook is the weight 2kg ONLY, the DREAMCOLOR display and the design.

clevo is just bad built if you compare it to a business HP notebook and has NO dreamcolor quality displays..

If I ever want to game I can just connect the notebook to a eGPU , external dockingstation that holds a gtx 980M , that would work correct ?

8. ApopoBanana

Reputations:
    the M1000M graphics card is not interesting to me at all.

the main points why I want this notebook is the weight 2kg ONLY, the DREAMCOLOR display and the design.

clevo is just bad built if you compare it to a business HP notebook and has NO dreamcolor quality displays..

If I ever want to game I can just connect the notebook to a eGPU , external dockingstation that holds a gtx 980M , that would work correct ?

9. ApopoBanana

Reputations:

what is the BEST/fastest ram 32GB (2x16gb) on the market right now and the best SSD

BOTH compatible with HPZBOOK Studio G3

10. moviemarketing

moviemarketing Milk Drinker

Reputations:
    Ah I see, in this case, if you won't likely use creative applications for your projects that benefit from dedicated graphics, maybe go with something like 940M, or even integrated GPU is probably sufficient. The Quadro cards and Xeon processor sound like a wasted expense for your usage scenario.

It would help if you complete this form ( http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/what-should-i-buy-form-must-read-before-posting.29271/ ), as it seems we are all just throwing out random suggestions, but we have no idea what are the most demanding tasks you will actually need the laptop to handle.

When you mentioned powerful CPU, development work, workstation graphics and requiring a lot of RAM, I thought you were talking about rendering video or 3D projects in creative applications that benefit from this type of hardware.

11. ApopoBanana

Reputations:
    I want the best performance , price is not that important
    can anyone tell me why I should take each one of these GPUs ?

the last configuration of the xenon is 1200 euros ontop ! NOTE all prices is in euros

HP IDS DSC i7-6700HQ Studio G3 Base NB PC I +Included
    HP IDS DSC i7-6820HQ Studio G3 Base NB PC +286,29 €
    HP IDS DSC E3-1505M Studio G3 Base NB PC +458,57 €
    HP IDS DSC E3-1545M Studio G3 Base NB PC +1 210,48 €

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.