Is this reason to rma 1080 Ti FE ?

Discussion in 'Desktop Hardware' started by sew333, Jul 2, 2017.

1. sew333

sew333 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Temps sometimes go past 84C to 86-87C and i dont have THrm limit drop in clocks in gpuz. Gpuz stating Pwr limit or voltage limit.

Temperature suddenly goes past 84°C to 85-86-87C and the fanspeed goes up.

Gpuz shows Pwr Limit or VREL,instead of thrm limit. This i cant understand why it doing this sometimes?

Default temp target is 84C. So on 84C gpuz should post thrm limit.

After pc reboot , again normal, 83-84C max and gpuz showing thrm limit on 84C like it should.

2. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yeah, doesn't sound like it should be doing the things you're describing, so something is 'off' with your GPU or system or something. If you're not happy with the card then RMA it, otherwise create a custom fan curve that prevents the GPU getting to the high temperatures that you obviously don't like to see.

3. Talon

Talon Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It's normal for the card to still go beyond 84C even though that it's the thermal limit even if only temporarily peaking. It also sounds like the card is working perfectly and spinning the fans up higher which is again normal and needed.

From Anandtech review of the founders 1080 Ti

"The story is much the same under FurMark. The GTX 1080 Ti settles at 84C here as well – though it did peak at 86C before reaching equilibrium – showcasing that regardless of the workload, the card always levels out at its thermal throttling point."

Stop relying on GPUZ for your investigative work. It could be a bug or the program itself. It reporting correctly. The card is obviously fully functional and is correctly spinning the fans up when it hits 84C.

Stop posting the same thing over and over again or this needs to be reported to the mods for spamming. You're literally arguing with our members here and posting non sense or cross posting out of context information from other web boards. It needs to stop. Either take our advice or RMA your card and move on.

4. Hackintoshihope

Hackintoshihope AlienMeetsApple

Reputations:
    "One last question, I promise!"

Talon and Paull like this.
  5. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:

This is consistent with our internal testing as well.

6. LoneSyndal

LoneSyndal Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Didnt go through every page... but for those looking for aftermarket cooler solutions for GTX 1080 Ti FE, I bought the Accelero Hybrid III 120mm cooler (980 Ti Heatsink) and it works flawlessly.

Waiting for EVGA on theirs takes forever...

7. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    That's meant to work a treat on the TI. I was prepared to get one if my temps were bad.