Is there a solution for the M17x R4 glossy screen?

Discussion in 'Alienware 17 and M17x' started by cucubits, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madbohem

madbohem Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I don't know if this is the solution you might mean, but I plan on picking up a M17x from HIDEvolution because they will install this screen

17.3-inch WideFHD 1920 x 1080 60Hz WLED Ultra Bright 90% NTSC Color Gamut (AUO B173HW01 V4)

I have long analyzing which exact laptop i want to get this year. Having gotten past the question of SLI, laptop cooling and screen quality has had me looking long and hard. I could get a better screen in a clevo, but cooling and what I feel is better build quality kept me looking at the M17x. Obviously not a cheap solution.

2. envy89

envy89 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I don't see at all how a clevo has a better screen. Just because it's matte doesn't mean its better. Gloss has more vivid colors. Matte is just good for people who freak out about glare and reflections.

3. madbohem

madbohem Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I think you misunderstand.

First, I am pointing out a screen upgrade. Its not a Matte Screen. I am talking about too much glare as a problem, not necessarily just matte or glare type as the only options.

And also there are a wide variety of Clevo/Sager reseller and boutique computer builders who offer all kinds of upgrades, including screens. Its far easier to find a better screen with so many choices. Only one Alienware Reseller is even offering something outside the stock screen options, ... So thats kind of where I was coming from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.