Is there a program that can tell me my battery life more accurately?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by cbq, Apr 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbq

cbq Newbie

Reputations:
    I got my hands on a latitude x200 laptop, epically old model pent 3 but hey it works fine except i cannot tell when is it gonna run out of battery. Its weird it was at 60 percent on the power meter and then it dropped to 5 percent all of the sudden and have 5 mins left. I wanted to see how long it would last so id put it on full brightness and it lasted 25 mins before it say 0 percent with 0 minutes left for 17 minutes before it went back to 3 percents with 2 minute left but lasted like 8 mins before it finally died. Im not complaining but I just wanted to know why this phenomenon occurred. Im just a bit curious. The battery light been orange for the last 55 mins but its still alive, pretty dam good for like 9 years old laptop. thanks just want to learn more so if anyone can enlighten me ill be grateful.

2. fuchstronaut

fuchstronaut Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What you need is a calibration.
    Since software doesn't really know the battery-level they just "guess" based on drain and time.
    Over time this might become inaccurate.
    I know there are utilities out there to calibrate and as far as I remember there are notebooks with BIOS-options for this.
    Basicly this will tools will just perform a (close to) full drain and then recharge the battery to 100%.

Just search for some battery calibration tools on google.

3. bikerboy94

bikerboy94 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  4. akiratang

akiratang Notebook Guru

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.