Is the Mythlogic extended service worth it?

Discussion in 'Reseller Feedback Forum' started by sixbot, Jul 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Landstander

Landstander Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I wouldn't call it a backslide. I would call it complete organizational collapse.

Hrafn Kolbrandr and Ultra Male like this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Something bad must have happened. They used to have a great reputation. Maybe there was something tragic like a death or divorce. If so, I hope they can get back on their feet and recover.

bloodhawk likes this.
  3. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Change in management would be my first suspicion.

4. sixbot

sixbot Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, I thank everyone above for responding to my message. Especially to user TSamee, it is somehow comforting that I am not alone in all this although it is unfortunate. And also apologize for not updating everyone on what has happened since. After I posted this question, Mythlogic saw it and responded to my ticket. As I had suspected, the only way to possibly get any response out of these folks was to complain on this forum. At first I though that I would get some advice for how to test my laptop and probably a shipping label in the event that I could not repair it myself. I only got one message and that was to try what I myself had recommended I try, taking out the the different RAM sticks and seeing if the problem persists. (Advanced stuff right? /s) So their message pretty much said " Yeah try that" So I did right away and responded right away that it changed nothing. That was June 6th. I did not get any more response until June 31st after my repeated questions and a final request to just send me a shipping label so they could look at it. So I shipped it with the label they sent. I sent one more message on July 9th stating that I saw they received my laptop and I requested an ETA on how long the process was expected to take. I actually got a response right away stating they had cleaned my relatively new laptop and that the problem was still happening, and that they would test other components. So I waited, after a week I requested another status update, which got no response. And that's it. I have sent 5 requests for a status update since, all were ignored. I have found calling to be useless I don't even know why I try. I have confidence that I will someday get my laptop back, but I get a sick feeling in my stomach when I think of any more problems popping up after that and having to go through this all over again. I would most definitely not order from them again if I could do this over. I wish I could just get my money back. My laptop has been down for months and there's not end in sight. I have no idea how a place like this stays in business. These are expensive machines, I would think that reputation would be important to them.

5. Landspeeder_95

Landspeeder_95 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Have you considered small claims?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.