Is Razer QA really that bad?

Discussion in 'Razer' started by AnnekeVanG, Oct 11, 2017.

1. AnnekeVanG

AnnekeVanG Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I was considering on buying the new Blade 14" that has the 4K UHD IGZO display for this year's refresh. The form factor seems a lot nicer than what I used to have in my old XPS and its more powerful and just as bright.

But is the QA control really that bad this year? I visited their website, their customer service is open a lot, and they have live chat and phone options.

I am deciding between a Blade and MacBook Pro.

2. KillerFry

KillerFry Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey there;

As someone who has had a Blade Pro 2013, Blade Pro 2014, Blade 14 2015, Blade 14 Early-2016, and a Blade Stealth Late-2016, I have only had a QA issue once with the Blade Stealth which had a rattling fan.

While I believe the build quality is excellent and unmatched, and if you can bear the noise while gaming - they *do* get loud, even the Stealth -, I must say that my experiences with customer service was less than stellar.

I am waiting for the Blade Stealth refresh with an 8th gen i7, but I sure as heck won't buy it from Razer; probably Microsoft or Amazon.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  3. don_svetlio

don_svetlio Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Their QA/QC and customer support are probably the worst in the industry in my opinion. I'd suggest buying from HIDevolution or any other good intermediary otherwise you run the risk of ending up with an expensive paperweight several months down the line. I mean, the simple fact that Razer do not offer any insurance or extended warranty past 1 year shows you how much faith they have in that device - the bare minimum required by laws in order for it to be sold.