Is laptops innovation dead at the moment

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by cooldex, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

Reputations:
    You seem to completely misunderstand the logic of generic Apple user. If their Mac / iPhone / iPad doesn't do what they want, they understand that they're doing something wrong, and look up to Apple for guidance - which is happy to offer some additional device or accessory to perform said action, a paid app in the store, or explain why exactly it shouldn't work that way. It may sound ridiculous, but I've seen it way too many times in reality, it doesn't even surprise me anymore.

So, when motherboard fails kissing their data goodbye - Apple user should have backed it up with Time machine, it's their fault they didn't (which is somewhat valid concern but does not cancel out the need for replaceable storage). It is not Apple's fault - Macbook itself is flawless, and if it doesn't have replaceable storage - there is a very good reason for it, and Apple user doesn't need it.

If a user spills liquid on their Macbook and it dies - it's also user's fault, not the Apple engineers who designed it that way. Spill-resistant keyboards are evil, they only promote user stupidity and alcohol abuse during work. Apple knows better, after all.

I may go on and on, but I believe I made myself clear. This post is full of stereotypes, but guess what? They're actually true for majority of Apple tech users I met in real life, and online outside NBR.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    Aroc and Richard Zheng like this.
  2. Mr.K-1994

Mr.K-1994 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You have got to be kidding me.

"Flawless"?! How about having the same GPU failure from 2008 up to 2012? How about having a SATA cable failure? Whose idea is that an i9 should be slipped into something thinner than a dime that could barely keep up with an i5? Whose idea is that we should recycle the same GPU for 3 freaking years? What kind of retard that implements a chip that even if you can remove the SSD, it wouldn't work and also doubles as a anti-repair feature?

And "spill-proof keyboard" is encouraging user stupidity and alcohol abuse? My God, you are the next Einstein we needed.

And BTW, what kind of "Pro" machine that has soldered memory and storage? Tell me, who even has the guts to do that other than Apple?

Starlight5 likes this.
  3. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

A lot of them, actually. Thankfully, soldered storage is almost exclusive to Apple so far.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  4. Deks

Deks Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Not to mention you can get a Windows laptop for half the cost of a Macbook Pro that can pummel it into the ground as far as modularity, performance, efficiency and cooling go. Sure, the thickness of the two products can be an important factor in portability, but that is not really an issue if you need a powerhouse monster like the one I have in my signature - plus its STILL far more portable and easier to move about than a desktop computer.

Aroc and Starlight5 like this.
  5. Richard Zheng

Richard Zheng Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    **** that's true. Turn your problem into their problem and profit, that is the apple way

6. Richard Zheng

Reputations:
    A Lenovo 730s vs MBP 13:

upload_2019-5-3_16-58-2.png
    MacBook

upload_2019-5-3_16-58-21.png
    730s

upload_2019-5-3_16-59-8.png
    MacBook

upload_2019-5-3_16-59-27.png
    730s

Smaller, cheaper.

Starlight5 likes this.
  7. Mr.K-1994

Reputations:
    Heck that i5 8th gen will blow the MB out of the water easily.

Starlight5 and tilleroftheearth like this.
  8. Mr.K-1994

Reputations:
    I got bamboozled.

Starlight5 and tilleroftheearth like this.
  9. Richard Zheng

Reputations:
    It trashes any dual core laptops easily. Twice the price, half the cores. Think different

10. Mr.K-1994

Reputations:
    "Thinkpad" different.