Is Ipad pro good choice for me?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by damib, May 16, 2018.

1. damib

damib Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,
    I've been searching on seas of internet for a new laptop suited for me. I can only spend like 1600 dollars. I am chemistry student that needs fast laptop with good keyboard but I need only CAS programs like Maple or vector graphics editor like chemsketch, so no absolutely no CAD support is needed and most of the calculations can do my HP Prime calculator or Excel. I really have big temptation to buy Ipad Pro 12.9 with Logitech Create keyboard as I really like the idea of taking notes and device that I can really paint on like professional. The main reason why I would do such decision is that I have still relatively good pc at home and only need something that can do almost anything for me and is plrtable and supports multitasking which I like most. Would you say that this is a good decision or recommend something different for me?
    Thanks.

2. RampantGorilla

RampantGorilla Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  3. Grant B Gibson

Grant B Gibson Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well, an iPad would have better battery life than 9/10 laptops out there, but I'd personally would not go for it as it's extremely limited in what it can do, and I guanrtee that you would be more satisfied on a laptop than some dinky "high-end" tablet. Again, if you want a tablet, go for a Dell 2in1.