1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Is Ambient Light Sensor working in Win 7 for you?

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by SFDD, Nov 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SFDD

SFDD Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm about at my wit's end trying to get the ALS to work in Win7 on my Precision M4400. I have emailed Dell and their response was useless, as usual. They said that because I didn't buy the machine with Win 7, they couldn't help me. (Even though their website states the machine is fully compatible, and even though they're selling M4400s with Win 7 installed.)

The sensor was working in Vista 64, and stopped working immediately after I installed Win7, which is why I assume this isn't a hardware issue.

Thanks for any help or reports!

2. MDR8850

MDR8850 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    mine works.
    but its called adaptive display already on win 7
    its on the services menu
    but the keys are the same fn+ left arrow

3. ofelas

ofelas Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Not working under Win 7 x64 on my M4400 or E6400.

4. rufik

rufik Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Works fine, E6400 Windows 7 Pro 64bit.

5. booboo12

booboo12 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Works great in Windows 7 with my D630-(for D series users, make sure you install QuickSet)