iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR announced

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets' started by Raidriar, Sep 12, 2018 at 5:16 PM.

1. KLF

KLF NBR Super Modernator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I wonder how it works here when winter comes. Maybe there is a cooldown: if the wearer doesn't move for 30 seconds after the fall, alarm is sent? Perhaps this was mentioned in the show, I didn't watch that carefully. Anyways, the thing I waited most was price reductions in the current lineup... :D

hmscott likes this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    Shameful: iPhone Xr only with HD display, iPhone Xs without Fast Charger Notebookcheck.com | 13.09.2018
    No, not everything that Apple introduced yesterday makes sense - especially not at these prices. Anyone who sells the "most advanced LCD display in a smartphone" for 850 euros, but only slightly more than HD resolution, or with his 1.250 Euro iPhone Xs still attaches a 5 watt power supply, must not be surprised at critical opinions.

Resolution worse than with 130 Euro phones
    In terms of resolution, Apple's iPhone Xr actually plays in the league of the lowest Android phones - we're talking about entry-level gaming under 100 euros - even 130 euros Mobile phones like the 2017 Moto G5 already offer full HD resolution on her 5 inch displays. Of course, resolution is not everything - a certain minimum standard, and that is Full HD in mid-2018 probably undoubtedly, should not be undercut in a 850 euro expensive premium iPhone.

For advertised fast charging optional accessories necessary
    Already in the previous year, the group received much criticism for the decision to promote the fast loading on the website - in the footnotes but to purchase optional USB-C power supplies plus also optional commercially available Lightning to USB-C cable to refer , Exactly the same game repeats itself again this year, although the price of the new iPhones with the Max model and 512 GB memory reaches up to 1.650 euro.

Vasudev likes this.
  3. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018 at 4:45 PM
    kojack likes this.
  4. hmscott

Reputations:
    The iphone pricing, well to be fair a lot of the new product pricing recently, has jumped the shark in embarrassing and ridiculous ways.

These shameless hucksters keep asking the same question every year, "how much money is too much to ask for essentially the same thing every year?"

Maybe this year it will happen?, people will wake up - snap out of it - and stop buying the same thing for more and more money?

This year over year price gouging, clearly shown in this slide, and the bastard's are gloating over it all right in front of everyone.

Have they no shame? :D
    iphone-xs-precio.png
    Maybe these higher prices will allow Apple to turn around their slowly dropping gross margin, and head back up toward 45% Gross margin, maybe even hit 50% margin?
    apple gross margin record of 44.11 percent.JPG
    https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/AAPL/apple/profit-margins

Dig deep everybody, send Apple more money ya'll, they needs it!! :confused::p:eek::D

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018 at 4:43 PM
    Vasudev and kojack like this.
  5. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

Reputations:
    Yeah, if i wanted iOS device I'd totally follow your course, rather that purchasing more expensive device with reduced functionality leading to less comfortable use!

Vasudev, kojack and hmscott like this.
  6. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    hmscott likes this.
  7. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Its funny that the last of the steve Jobs Era apple devices were the peak of business....downward slide ever since.

hmscott likes this.
  8. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    There is a new accelerometer in the watch that detects the fall, and if you do not move for 30 sec-1 min it automatically sends your location to emergency services. Heat has nothing to do with it.

hmscott and KLF like this.
  9. hmscott

Reputations:
    iPhone XS - YouTube FORCED me to cover it...
    Linus Tech Tips
    Premiered 6 hours ago

Vasudev likes this.
  10. KLF

KLF NBR Super Modernator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Winter here means ice. Many different kinds of ways to slip and fall, most of them hurt butt and pride only but look spectacular.
    I did follow the stream but I actually watched Netflix at the same time so I had no audio on, I just saw the images but missed the details.

Edit: yea, I meant _false alarms_ because if the day is bad enough, falling once isn't enough. If I won't get up in 30 seconds or so, call 911 or equivalent...

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 10:54 AM
    hmscott likes this.