iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR announced

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets' started by Raidriar, Sep 12, 2018.

1. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    May have to get the battery replaced under the program by the sound of it.

2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Their support page says battery is replaced if health is below 80%. So pretty much useless.
    Its 100% SW crap. I'll keep everyone updated.

3. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Do a reset too. Like I said, my wifes and my iPhone 8 and 6s on 21.1.1 work great with awesome battery life. Our 8s are obviously better since the 6s has three years of use.

4. Vasudev

Reputations:
    No way! I just hard reset everything when iOS 12.0.1 had same issue.

5. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Just trying to help. Best thing to do is sell the phone and get something else. All I know is the 6 iPhones in my household all have stellar battery life on the latest version of iOS my son, my wife and I all have 6s and 8s, and all of them get great battery life.

6. Vasudev

Reputations:
    6s has no issues. I turned ON screen time and battery life is somewhat okay. iOS 12.1.1 is POS.
    If the battery gives up midway its time to get Android phones esp. Pixel 2/2XL in bulk!
    Never expected the device performance taking a hit just 10 days after warranty expired!

7. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    https://www.businessinsider.com/ope...le-can-cut-solve-iphone-sales-problem-2018-12

Just as I predicted, there is some serious pushback from consumers (finally) on how Apple is pricing their new phones. The XR is a crap phone for 750$, nobody wants to pay that for a "budget" device when the 450$ 7 is almost nearly as good. The XS/XS max are too pricey, I think we've found the roof for the price of phones. 700$ is plenty enough for a flagship device. Apple's greed has cost them, and I hope it continues to do so. Production and component orders slashed across the XS, XS max, and XR. Stop being greedy Apple.

How far they have strayed:
    [​IMG]

iPhone 6S/SE in my opinion, was peak iPhone time. Still strong devices today if they are refreshed with new batteries.

Papusan and Vasudev like this.
  8. Vasudev

Reputations:
    Even 7 is throttled like hell in some iOS 12 updates and I feel awkward to cleanup and maintain an iOS device when my mom suddenly complains its slow and battery is crap. Looks like Apple is testing new throttling BS in some consumer OS releases.

9. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont waste $$$$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    iPhone Xr: Japan Display throttles production for iPhone panels

The concerns about the iPhone sales of Apple not only burden the Apple share. The papers of the listed suppliers and partners of Apple are currently going downright. Now Nikkei reports that Japan Display is throttling the production of panels, because the iPhone Xr reportedly sells badly.

Vasudev likes this.
  10. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    agreed, The 6s was the best iPhone to date. everything else has been either a rehash of that, with things removed, (7 and 8) or new craptastic notch fests with farceID. The 8 is fast and nice, but I fired my 6s up for my son again with a fresh install, and that phone is do different. Pop in a new battery and it will be great still after 3 years!

Vasudev likes this.