iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR announced

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets' started by Raidriar, Sep 12, 2018.

1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I was speaking to your debugging and solutions for curing a slow iPhone, much more involved than your regular routine.

It is nice to know you need to know nothing to operate an iPhone after all. :)

2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    That's completely untrue. Damn Apple. I had found that tool accidentally, its Chinese though! Its tools like that we need in our arsenal.
    I had to hard reset once now its on Beta 12.1 with 4-5 days of battery. Although there are UI bugs though.

hmscott likes this.
  3. hmscott

Reputations:
    Beta releases are always pluses and minuses, more for technical entertainment most of the time.

Why are you surprised it's Chinese?!? The iPhone is made in China! That's the source of the iPhone clones as well. ;)

Vasudev likes this.
  4. Vasudev

Reputations:
    I mean the developer of 3utools and the way they integrated jailbreak and advanced tools to manage an iphone.

hmscott likes this.
  5. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    I've never had any of my iphones slow down over time, so long as I haven't updated the firmware beyond 2 iterations. iOS 12 is the exception here as it really was a bugfix and performance fix for the horrendous iOS 11. my 4S is blazing fast on iOS 6, my SE is blazing fast on iOS 12, my 8 Plus is blazing fast on iOS 12. Where I think apple should be held criminally responsible is making it impossible to downgrade to lower firmwares where the phone really performed best. iPhone 5S really should return to iOS 9, iphone 4S on ios 9 was beyond tragic, but it flies on iOS 6, etc. I try to take good care of my OS so I never have to restore and be FORCED to "upgrade" to a new firmware

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  6. hmscott

Reputations:
    I used to do that too, mostly to stop bugs or features from coming through, but then I'd have an issue with iTunes and need to reload my iPhone, and I'd get the update. Then I figured out how to keep previous image set without an update, and Apple "fixed" that work around.

I think it was the iPhone 5 with wonky digitizer - went through 2 phones with the same "a little off" touch vs selection, and haven't bothered to worry about it again.

Every time I get an iPad to try to watch my Apple sequestered content I get sick watching the odd black bars or chopped off video full screen - as compared to my other Android tablets - and end up returning the iPad. It's been a while since I've bothered trying.

I keep hoping Apple will stop trying to be "cute" and deliver well thought out functional hardware instead of set pieces for posers. A real aspect ratio with control for full resolution playback without chopped video. Real performance instead of heat / power limited enclosures.

IDK, I haven't given up hope yet, but it sure is taking a long time. :)

The iPhone XS Max Is Great. Don't Buy It.
    Unbox Therapy
    Published on Oct 12, 2018
    This is my iPhone XS Max review. I used the iPhone XS Max as my personal (exclusive) device for roughly 3 weeks. The iPhone XS Max is a great smartphone, I don't think it's a great value.

I'm Switching To The Google Pixel 3 XL...
    Unbox Therapy
    Published on Oct 13, 2018
    It's that time once again... I'm switching to the Google Pixel 3 XL as my next daily driver smartphone. Google Pixel 3 XL review coming soon.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    Vasudev likes this.
  7. Vasudev

Reputations:
    What do you mean iOS 12 was better than iOS12.? iOS 12 is just revamped version of almost bullcrap iOS11 sort of like Win 7 that saves Apple.

8. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    I meant iOS 11, I was half aslee when writing this lol

Vasudev likes this.