iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR announced

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets' started by Raidriar, Sep 12, 2018.

1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    iJustine, is an Apple fangirl - look at her channel name... ijustine? :)

Knowing that from the beginning, I still enjoy her reviews...here's a good example of iJustine in her natural habitat, embracing the Apple Reality Distortion Field:

First in line for iPhone Xs!
    iJustine
    Published on Sep 21, 2018
    So fun visiting the San Francisco Apple Store for iPhone Xs and Apple Watch Series 4 launch!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018 at 3:21 AM
    Vasudev likes this.
  2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Yeah and her macbook are really a *dongle* mess. Linus seb. said this is what Jon Ive wanted from Apple fanboys(girls).

hmscott likes this.
  3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    They're all slow and massively overpriced. Paying $750-$1,100 for something that's only worth $150 to $300 (max) is totally absurd. But, Apple owns the phone and the user, so they get to play god and decide when to make it even slower.

Vasudev, Papusan and Ultra Male like this.
  4. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Well my wife will never leave the apple Eco system, her excuse is that she has invested in so many paid apps (over a 100) so she can't switch. Every year, she has to buy a new iToy because the old one gets so laggy it's not usable for her and she relies on it heavily for work.

This time, her latest $1500 USD iPhone X 256GB didn't even last 6 months before the new batch of phones were released and what do you know? here phone became laggy as hell after the last update that she finally got sick of this BS and bought a Galaxy Note 9 this time! At freakin' last! She switched!

Starlight5, Vasudev, Papusan and 3 others like this.
  5. hmscott

Reputations:
    Vasudev and Mr. Fox like this.
  6. Lightning_-

Lightning_- Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Gotta say the S Pen is awesome

hmscott likes this.
  7. Vasudev

Reputations:
    That's really sad news.
    If you haven't traded it, can you tell what 3utools says in Phone info and especially SSD when you have time? Try a security erase or whatever Apple calls a full reset in 3utools. I'm eager to know which SSD/MLC chip is it using? Micron, Hynix or Samsung?
    I suspect that lag is attributed to Telemetry data that runs in background logging everything from RAM,CPU usage to locating your every move every minute and sending it to Apple along with Apple id for unique ID'ing where your phone is.
    Optionally, install a developer profile beta iOS 12.1 and stick with it to get rid off the lags.

8. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I call BS on the iPhone x slowing down from apple. I am still using my 6s and it's just as fast as the day I bought it.

9. hmscott

Reputations:
    Wow that iPhone debugging / fix sounds like as much "trouble" as maintaining an Android device!

Are you sure it's not a better idea to simply purchase your way out of that slow iPhone by giving Apple more money?, like a good Apple fan? :D

If you have to go through all of that "hard work" - thinking things through to a solution to fix an iPhone the same as an Android phone - what's the point of thoughtlessly buying an iPhone in the first place?? o_O

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 5:58 AM
  10. Vasudev

Reputations:
    I perform the cleanup when charging the device. I charge the iphone every 4 days when my mom comes to me saying, please charge this phone.

hmscott likes this.