Invisibleshield available for Studio XPS 16

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by speedline, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeroentje91

Jeroentje91 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm glad the pictured helped you!
    In the pictures the texture looks indeed a bit rough, however from a distance the surface just looks flat. The shield is glossy, however it is less glossy than the SXPS 16 is from it's self. Just looking from a distance it is just as if there is no protection shield on the laptop, no ugly rough surface or a plastic look. But the best thing: NO FINGERPRINTS!:D

I made another pic so you can see how it looks from a distance.

[​IMG]

2. wlepse

wlepse Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well I finally decided to pick this up and give it a try after seeing the nice results here. I just hope I have the patience to put this one.

3. Jeroentje91

Jeroentje91 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm sure you made the right choice, just make sure you use the spray enough (spray on both sides so the sqeezie is easy to use)
    Ohw and I did the installation in the bathroom, to prevent it from dust.

4. JAnderton

JAnderton Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    After seeing those pics, I surely want to get one.. I am scared to death of scratching my lappy so this should help :)
    I have a scratch guard that a sponsor in a tech competition gave me last year but I don't want to apply that cause it says something on it which will cover up the Dell logo.. and plus, it won't cover the edges and isn't really made for this form factor.

I'd rather pay the 40 usd to get this thing..
    What's the best coupon so far to order? Where can I get the best deal for the invisiblesheild?

5. Odibil

Odibil Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    As of right now (05/28/09 @ 10AM EST US) the code "MEMDAY09" still works for 50% off. It would be in your best interest to jump on it, since the code was supposed to expire yesterday, and probably will once the new coupon code is posted.

50% doesn't come along very often, but ZAGG does put out coupon codes semi-daily (via Twitter), ranging on average from 20% to 35%.

You can always use the code "PROTECT20" for 20% off.

6. Tempted

Tempted Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That code expires tomorrow as per email from ZAGG.

7. warhead56k

warhead56k Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So, does applying the shield add heat to the machine>

8. wlepse

Reputations:
    Once I get some issues with my machine sorted out I will get it installed and check temperatures between stock and protected.

9. Brendanmurphy

Brendanmurphy Your Worst Nightmare

Reputations:
    why would a protective film add heat to the system?

10. wlepse

Reputations:
    I doubt the covering on the LCD will do anything but the cover on the palm rest could affect heat dissapation. The palm rest itself is a good thermal conductor so it will effectively tranfer heat out of the machine to either be removed via convection or conduction to the user. Since plastic is an insulator it will decrease the the amount of heat that can be dissapated through the palm rest. The real question is how much of the overall system heat is dissapated through the palm rest and if this thin film affects the temps. I doubt it will have much of an effect but I will try to get some measurements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.