Introducing the new Mac Pro and Pro Display XDR — Apple

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by hmscott, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Rodster

Rodster Merica

Reputations:
    Of course they need to defend Apple's crazy pricing because they have drunk the Cupertino koolaid. When Steve Jobs was running the company I could understand it because it was (us) Apple vs (them) Microsoft but those days are long gone.

Macrumors posted an article where you can buy a 5K 49" Dell Professional Ultra-wide monitor for $1,250. https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...massive-49-inch-5k-ultrawide-display.2166555/

So based on what the competition is offering, Apple's jacked up prices are put into perspective.

Now I can understand an Apple fan saying s/he likes the aesthetics to match. That I get, so you pay more to have everything look the same. But to outright make up claims that an equivalent monitor costs 40K is just outright blind loyalty to a conglomerate company that has no conscience building their stuff offshore and just selling it back to you at a higher price vs the competition is basically served up with two scoops of lies.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2019
    Vasudev likes this.
  2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Apple fans can't spend an hr to research a monitor that is perfect fit for their workflow. Anyway, those who have got lot of cash and no time to research XDR is the cheapest panel acc. to them even though Apple sources panels from LG,AUO,Samsung and Sharp.
    Remember when Dell 5K monitor used to cost 5000$ and iMac 5K costs 5000$. Now, Apple is looking for max profits instead of being a affordable yet unique portfolio that no company has. Now Mac-PC lines have blurred since everything is same, except the OS.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2019
  3. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I was not even the fan who claimed the next equivalent monitor is 40,000. It was apple at wwdc. The fans just spew the marketing bull like it's gospel.

Vasudev likes this.
  4. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    they are at such a great value! you can only buy 3 high end premium laptops instead of it!

Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  5. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    or 3 high end work stations.

hmscott and Vasudev like this.
  6. Rodster

Rodster Merica

Reputations:
    I’m still amazed at the individuals on Mac Rumors making excuses for Apple, defending the crazy pricing for their new Mac Pro and the monitor stand. I mean just think about it. How insulting is it for a company wanting to sell you a high priced monitor without a stand? Then you just read page after page of threads on their website, how this is a great deal for a monitor.

Not one person has figured out that you can get professional grade monitors from companies such as Dell for a lot less but they refuse to listen to reason.

7. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    What surprises me is that no one has found or listed cheaper stands to use with the Apple monitor instead of the $1000 Apple stand. :)

DoubleSight DS-130STA Display Stand - $110
    https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16824185021

StarTech ARMPIVSTND Single Monitor Stand - Silver - VESA Mount - Monitor Arm Desk Stand - Computer Monitor Stand - $91
    https://www.newegg.com/silver-startech-armpivstnd-mount/p/N82E16824971009

There's gotta be a lot more out there, not going to do the foot work myself, those came up close to what I was searching for quickly, there are hundreds more. Verify the height and mount holes you may need a custom plate or a lift / shelf for the whole monitor / stand to allow for full width height when spun - providing clearance to the desktop.

Even if it was $250, that's $750 and a whole lot of dignity saved... now work on finding an alternative monitor that does what you want / need, not what the Apple Monitor specs say...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  8. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    "Even if it was $250, that's $750 and a whole lot of dignity saved..."

NO. That is just staying im only 250 dollars stupid. They are gouging the customer any way you look at it. Next they will be selling the new iphone for 1200 dollars but charge you another 300 for the battery.

Vasudev likes this.
  9. Rodster

Rodster Merica

Reputations:
    The problem is their M.O. is to defend Apple as if it's an actual person they are related to. They can't comprehend that Apple is a large conglomerate corporation that is just out to screw them because they are too blind to understand that because those types of people exist, Apple will price their products accordingly. Which is why they are selling a $5000 monitor without a stand and the monitor stand they sell happens to be $1000.

It's people like us that are not their target audience who have figured out that trying to sell a computer with 128GB of storage soldered onto the motherboard for a premium price is not going to cut it in 2019.

10. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    There is a lot of fanboy this, fanboy that comments in this thread. If you can't find a less insulting way of showing your frustration/disagreeing, don't be surprised if your post is deleted...

While I agree that Apple is charging egregious prices for their new Mac Pro, there are ways to show my discontent without insulting the owners of the products...

electrosoft likes this.