Introducing the EUROCOM 780W Notebook AC Adapter (Clevo & MSI Ready)

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Mr. Fox, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    If you have been around high performance notebooks for a while, then you are no stranger to the classic 330W AC adapter that has been used for a long time by Clevo, Alienware, and more recently, MSI. If you are among the crazy dual-GPU monsterbook lovers, you have even been using two of those for a while now. Using a dual 330W AC adapter has always been kind of cool because it is unique and carries a shock value to it. The first-time looks on the faces of the uninitiated has always been priceless.

After a while, the awesomeness starts to wear off and you use that dual adapter setup just because you have to. You need the power to get the job done. Some of you know from personal experience exactly what I am talking about. The bulk and clutter is unaesthetic on a desk. If you are a frequent traveler, carrying two of those 330W bricks and the converter box to join them is not going to win any prizes for convenience in spite of the excellent functionality.

Thankfully, there is a company out there that actually listens, cares, and shares our view as enthusiasts, and they have been paying attention.

A little more than a year ago, I heard that Eurocom was developing a single-brick AC adapter more powerful than the famous Clevo dual 330W setup and I was instantly excited about that. For as long as I have known the team at Eurocom, they have been at the forefront of innovation. In a niche where high performance notebook enthusiasts are frequently screwed by mediocre offerings and end up having to settle for something less than satisfying in a notebook, Eurocom is always there as our advocate with Intel and NVIDIA and Clevo. Their contempt for wimpy turdbooks is a shared value that is unmatched among their peer group. And, for good reason. They cater to a demanding clientele that expects something better than the status quo trash.

Well, fast-forward… That day has finally come and it is with great pleasure that I have the honor of showing you Eurocom’s latest creation. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, feast your eyes on the most powerful AC adapter on the planet.

Those of you that saw my unboxing and initial review video on the EUROCOM Tornado F5 already caught a glimpse of this bad boy. I was as excited to see this AC adapter as I was the awesome little 15-inch beast notebook.

You may be asking yourself why I am so excited, so let me stop the wall of text now and show you.

As you can see from the video, the pre-production unit I have uses a hard-wired output cable. In case you did not hear it in the video, this product supports all Clevo and MSI notebooks that use the four-conductor DIN-type connector. With plans to offer a variety of removable cords with different connections at the laptop end, this product has potential to become an item of interest for all high performance notebook owners.The production unit also uses different firmware for the LCD, which spaces out the text in a slightly neater format.

So, what's the bottom line, Mr. Fox? Here's my take...

The 780W AC adapter brings an unprecedented level of convenience to owners of large desktop replacement notebooks that would normally require two 330W AC adapters. Whether the customer is a traveler that benefits by having one less item to lug around in their backpack or briefcase—two less items if you count the AC-100 adapter—or a customer that uses their laptop in the same place every day, the reduction in clutter and weight are things that are easy to appreciate.

For those that care about all the gory details, below are the specs as published on Eurocom's web site.

Physical Characteristics
    • 12.8” / 325mm Length
    • 4.3” / 110mm Width
    • 1.5” / 40mm Height
    • 72.9” / 1854mm Cable Length
    • Total weight: 3.05 lbs / 1.38 kg
    Vital Specifications
    • Rated Output Power:780 Watts
    Input Voltage & Frequency
    • The range of input voltage is from 90Vac to 264Vac.
    • Input Frequency 63Hz 50/60 Hz 47Hz
    Input Current
    • The maximum input current is 10A at AC Input 100Vac/60Hz.
    Inrush Current
    • The inrush current will not exceed 100A at 230Vac/63Hz AC input for a cold start at 25℃.
    Power Factor
    • The Power supply power factor at full load operation shall be more than 0.9 at 230V ac input.
    Efficiency
    • The efficiency (watts out / watts in) higher than 90% typically while measuring at nominal line and maximum load.
    Output Requirements - Static Load
    • Output Voltage: 20Vdc
    • Minimum Load: 0A
    • Maximum Load: 39A
    • Peak Load 45A (duration Time 25ms)
    • Line Regulation 2%
    • Load Regulation: ±5%
    • Voltage Accuracy: Min 19V Max 21V
    • Ripple & Noise(*) 200mVp-p
    If you enjoy wasting paper and printer ink and want a brochure you can print out, or a PDF you can look at offline, you can download that from this link.

If you have seen enough and want to order one, you can do so at the link below.

Order: EUROCOM 780W AC Adapter

PHOTOS

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

^^^Click spoiler to see more photos.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  2. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    Oooo. This is gonna be good.

infex, Dr. AMK and Mr. Fox like this.
  3. ajc9988

ajc9988 Death by a thousand paper cuts

Reputations:
    Price?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

infex and Mr. Fox like this.
  4. bloodhawk

bloodhawk Derailer of threads.

Reputations:
    Nooo. Now i want one.

5. Q937

Q937 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Ordered mine a few months ago, can't wait. What's the highest power draw you've gotten out of it?

Dr. AMK likes this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    About the most I have seen from the P870DM3 is in the neighborhood of 575W, with a few random spikes of +600W. Once the @Prema vBIOS is released, I think that will probably go up by 100W-125W, maybe even more.

Papusan and Dr. AMK like this.
  7. Midas Touch

Midas Touch BGA Loving Enthusiast

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

All seriousness though, the build quality looks sturdy.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    jaug1337, Niaphim, D2 Ultima and 4 others like this.
  8. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Nice! Let's embed that. :vbthumbsup:
    [​IMG]

Yeah, it's a really awesome product. Eurocom did an amazing job on this.

jaug1337, Niaphim, ole!!! and 7 others like this.
  9. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    Holy moly, this adapter alone is more capacious and massive than some complete notebooks... More power to the people (literally in this case), I suppose :)

Now, if only they'd miniaturise some of their components into the nice SFX form factor. This is quite a bit bigger than SFX, and I'm sure they can shave off some 20-30% of volume and weight.

Dr. AMK and Mr. Fox like this.
  10. yotano21

yotano21 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Good lord, the most I ever did was 301w with 780m sli and 4700qm. 2HDs and 2 msata SSD with screen at full brightness.

Dr. AMK likes this.