Introducing: Dell XPS M1730!

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by The Goalkeeper, Aug 4, 2007.

?

Do you like the new XPS M1730?

Poll closed Oct 3, 2007.
  1. Hell yeah!!!

36 vote(s)
    20.9%
  2. Ewww...

136 vote(s)
    79.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. htxt18

htxt18 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Can't be the real deal, just way too ugly! The red on the lid looks so out of place and tacky too

2. *Daystar*

*Daystar* Seahawk Fan!

Reputations:
    the touchpad is in a weird place..i don't mind the look at all, but it needs to be a little bit thinner..but not much.

3. Hugovr

Hugovr Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Its like they went ahead and shoved a few psycho clowns with knives on LSD in the Design room... the designers of the m1330 stood no chance.

4. chesieofdarock

chesieofdarock Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    the media buttons look so photoshopped

5. acaurora

acaurora Notebook Deity NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    While it definitely needs a "quieter" visual style, it looks pretty decent. I dont know exactly what the little screen by the power button is for, but I"m sure we'll find out soon enough. Also, the pics make it look like the play/pause/etc buttons on the bottom are just little stickers taped on just for the pic, lol

6. Redline

Redline Notebook Prophet NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Wow. Thats all I can say....Its fake carbon fiber, or at least, its trying to be. The lid is odd...Too flashy, but not in a sophisticated way like the last one, very crude. It looks like they tried to adapt the look of the faker-boy riced Civics to a laptop. Ick.

And the base 8600GS graphics is PATHETIC. Theres no other word for it. 8700GT should have been standard, and the only GPU until the 8800M comes out, but no, they make it so that the base XPS can be outrun by a good number of 14" business/gaming notebooks (Asus V2S and F8Sv/a, Compal IFT00, Zepto 6224W) and full selection of 15.4" notebooks. Despicable.

Lesdelliens was also the first one with full specs and pics of the 1520/1720, so I doubt that this is a fake, unfortunate as that is.

7. Santizo

Santizo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yeah - fake or no fake, bottom line is that this first "prototype" (I hope) is not a good step. The market is different now and there are many other solid gaming laptops out there like the Sager 5790 for much less with solid GPU's and much better looks/weight/button placement, etc.

I'm sure this is not the final version and come August 27th we will all be surprised....maybe.

8. CodeMonkeyX

CodeMonkeyX Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I thought with the M1330 Dell might be turning their designs around, but it looks like they have a way to go yet. That thing is just god awful.

9. Odin5578

Odin5578 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It looks like someone swallowed some camoflauge pants and barfed.

EDIT: I think Alienware's laptops look much better.

10. CodeMonkeyX

CodeMonkeyX Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    They look better than this thing, but Alienware still look horrible with that huge alien head, and the kind of ribs on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.