Internet Explorer Not Responding

Discussion in 'Security and Anti-Virus Software' started by Moges, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sub-D

Sub-D Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The antivirus software that I run is AVG 7.5, Ad-Aware SE and Spybot Search and Destroy and they do a good job at looking after my system without eating up too many resources. I agree with bmwrob that you should check your programs and remove anything unneccessary. You could also try configuring the programs that start on boot up by running "msconfig".

2. Moges

Moges Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi bmwrob, by cleaning do you mean going into Add/Remove Programs and removing AOL and any other applications I'm not using?

Thanks.

Malinda

3. bmwrob

bmwrob Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Yes, you can do it that way. Or do a manual search, or both. I also like to edit the registry - especially for AOL, Norton and the like, and use RegSeeker to do so. CCleaner is another program that works well. Also, Sub-D suggested msconfig to stop unnecessary programs from starting - good idea. Probably a lot will disappear from the start up list once you've deleted unwanted programs. In addition, you might want to check into using services.msc to stop unnecessary processes.

4. Moges

Moges Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've thrown up my hands and called in The Geek Squad. I tried cleaning up but still have the freeze. In addition there is something wrong with my wireless network setup and I'll be darned what it is but it wasn't an issue with the older laptop running XP and now it is with the new HP running Vista. Today I bought a wireless-G Printserver so that I can override the problem with my network not being able to seeing the printer. The install looked like it went well then when it finally came time to make the connection I got the dreaded error message, "connection failed".
    ... so I'm throwing in the towel ... and $160!

I do appreciate your help. Thanks again.

Malinda

5. bmwrob

bmwrob Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Well, sometimes all the effort just isn't worth the headache if you've got a few extra bucks. Hope your money is well spent, Moges, and that you're up and running quickly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.