Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210NGW

Discussion in 'Networking and Wireless' started by WhatsThePoint, Nov 14, 2020.

1. WhatsThePoint

WhatsThePoint Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Received an Intel 6E AX210 in the mail today from China that was ordered 10 days ago..
    With a non 6E router the reported max date rate and current data rate is exactly the same as I got using an AX200 and Killer AX1650.
    This is an MSI GS60 2PL notebook from 2014
    I'm using the original antenna wires although I got a new set with the AX210NGW
    Choose an attachment and right click on the image then choose view image to make larger.

AX210 A.jpg

AX210 C.jpg

AX210 B.jpg

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    Papusan and Starlight5 like this.
  2. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Hold My Vodka, I going to kill my GPU

Reputations:
    Only Difference between the AX200 and AX210 is Bluetooth 5.2 and the pre-certify of Wifi 6E aka 6Ghz Width however it may never become a 6Ghz wireless if they change the specs or until there is routers to support it.

3. WhatsThePoint

Reputations:
    We've all seen the same speculation.

If it does it does if it doesn't it doesn't....so what.

4. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 working perfectly on my Area-51m R2

1.png

Papusan and WhatsThePoint like this.
  5. WhatsThePoint

Reputations:
    Spartan,I'm glad to see you got your AX210 also.
    After installing the AX210 in the GS60 notebook and reentering passwords to connect to the 5ghz SSID my inSSIDer software rcommended moving from channel 36 to 52(dfs) so I logged in to my Netgear RAX120 router and chose channel 52(dfs) and the usual warning popped up about radar.
    On channel 52 I saw good connection strength and current date rate but after a few minutes on channel 52 it automatically moved to channel 104 where I've never been before.
    The data rate is excellent on 160mhz channel 104 with some fluctuation between 1,900 Mbps and 2402 Mbps from the same line of sight and 15' distance from the router as I normally am on the living room sofa.
    At the line of sight 15' distance from the router the connection strength is a bit weaker than I was seeing with the Killer AX1650.
    Router firmware is up to date and Intel WiFi driver is the latest.

Papusan and Spartan@HIDevolution like this.
  6. Tech Junky

Tech Junky Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    10 days is better than expected for the connex!

I wish I could find the spectrum to get 160mhz working but, this is a new AP and already on the 3rd firmware version within 6 months of them starting to sell it. If they were to do a 80+80 option I would be golden for wire speeds and not just PHY speeds of the link between the AX200 / NWA210AX.

[​IMG]

I will commend Zyxel on the stability and lower latency I've been getting used to since switching out from a card/AP to a solo AP via Ethernet outside of my server case.

AX channel recommendations vary depending on the analyzer app you're using and the sensitivity of the device to surrounding RF but, until 6E is released we're stuck with this high/low option for anything above 80mhz bandwidth which gets you around 1gbps on 6.

**Moving from AX200 >> AX210 shouldn't be an issue from the driver standpoint but when I moved to AX200 it picked up drivers and "worked" but was hobbled until I actually went and updated the drivers to get full speeds out of it.

WhatsThePoint likes this.
  7. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    I've never seen such speeds before on the Killer AX1650, this is with me connected to my VPN (hide.me). ISP Speed is 600 MBPS down / 200 MBPS Up:

2020-11-16_205117.png

8. WhatsThePoint

Reputations:
    While I now do see better signal strength and steady theoretic limit Date Rates at or near 2,402 Mbps and -29dBm while in line of sight and within 15 feet(3M) of the RAX120 router Uploads and downloads speeds have not changed at all.This is to be expected since they are dependent mostly on IP service.
    My ISP has little to no competition in this area so cost is high unless bundled with cable TV that I don't want.
    The 5ghz band in my townhouse community is heavy in the 36 to 48 channel range but I can still manage high rates using them.
    The DFS channels are much better while on them but I get kicked off frequently.Tyhe 160mhz 104 channel was excellent while was on it.

Papusan and Spartan@HIDevolution like this.
  9. Tech Junky

Tech Junky Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's a struggle with competing signals. I was on 56 (DFS) and that was stable and fast while set at 160mhz but getting 80mhz out of it but a PHY of 2gbps. I switch to something in the 100+ and it works but then DCS kicks in and scans things and drops for 1-2 mins. DCS on 80mhz picks a 14x channel @ 80mhz as well even with a lower channel specified. I'm thinking it's a firmware bug that is causing the drop / resync during a scan and they'll get it fixed in the next release.

Depending on your ISP though there are some backdoor options sometimes in negotiating a lower rate for a higher speed. I did this in the past with Comcast by using their forums to get in contact with someone to lock in a $89/mo for gigabit for 2 years vs the retail rate which at the time was $130/mo. At least with gigabit you can test up to line speed w/o upgrading everything beyond 1gbps if you don't already have it in place.

Dropping the power on the AP though might be able to sneak into the 160mhz if the competing signals aren't strong enough to interfere but then unless you're sitting on top of the AP the speed might not be there as if you would have @ 30db power. If the devices competing for spectrum were a bit smarter about not stepping on each other life would be easier and they wouldn't get as many contacts about crappy service.

10. WhatsThePoint

Reputations:
    In the Advanced adapter settings.

Screenshot - 11_17_2020 , 2_58_25 PM.jpg