Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (Cyclone Peak 2)/AX201 (Harrison Peak 2)/Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650

Discussion in 'Networking and Wireless' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Dennismungai

Dennismungai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hmm, I could if I installed the service.
    Last time this mess happened, I had to reset Windows 10 to use my laptop again.
    Not sure if I want to go through the same trauma again.

Off my head, the services that could not recover were mostly Windows Input service, Windows update and Windows Local Profile assistant service (which prevented logons).

For games I play: Battlefield 1, Battlefield V, Devil May Cry 5, Sekiro. A list off my head.

Papusan likes this.
  2. Killer_Networking

Killer_Networking Company Representative

Reputations:
    Thank you again for that feedback and I will notate that for future use if needed. I dont want you to go through a headache again, but generally if you do see issues we ask that you submit a ticket with us so we can help resolve it and move forward so we can assist other users that may run into this issue. We have not had any issues with users reporting those particular games but it is very likely that one of the services you mentioned could have been the issue. All great games btw!

Again if you run into any further issues please let us know so we can assist, and if you wish to try again, I would start by unchecking each of those services from the list and verify where your issue may have been. Thank you again for your time and patience! - Nicholas with Killer Networking.

Papusan likes this.
  3. Dennismungai

Dennismungai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Case in point: I have an Asus GM501GS-XS74 which came with an Intel 9560 WLAN card.
    This, based on:

Implies that an upgrade to the aforementioned AX201NGW module would most likely be a brick on that laptop.
    I'm seeing some spotty reviews on Amazon mentioning a very different tale of incompatibility with anything older than the 10th gen platforms.

Time to hunt down for an AX200, lets' see how that upgrade goes.

4. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    @WhatsThePoint @custom90gt

Will the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 work on my Dell XPS 15 7590 or do I need to purchase the AX200?

I want to replace the Killer card with the Intel one

hmscott likes this.
  5. Aivxtla

Aivxtla Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    AX201 should work as the CPU has the WiFi chipset built in. However some laptop brands seem to have some sort of bios issue preventing cNVi card use. AX200 is a safe bet.

Drinky and Spartan@HIDevolution like this.
  6. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Reply from HIDevolution when I asked them this question after seeing your reply:

7. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Just put an AX200 in my new Asus laptop, replacing an awful Broadcom 1x1 unit. While the stock adapter could work at my full ISP speed, the Intel delivers more consistent performance when connected to my network. So far, it's proving to be a great upgrade for just $22.

8. NIGHTMARE

NIGHTMARE Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I also replaced mine form aliexpress @14.07[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Drinky

Drinky Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I put this card in my desktop machine, the AX200 that is. I had the killer AC1535 in there because it gave me better range and throughput compared to the Intel AC9260 that was built into my motherboard. Had to disable the Killer Suite to get proper performance from the killer card. I'm on a 500mbit line with a wall between my desktop and router and was getting ~200mbit with the killer 1535, now I'm getting 280~300mbit with the AX200 and overall much more stable performance. I used to have to use a VPN to play Escape from Tarkov because the connection stability with the killer 1535 and intel 9260 was so bad it would give me an error upon start-up which has now completely disappeared with the AX200.

Starlight5 likes this.
  10. antik

antik Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I just replaced my 3 antenna DW1830 with a new AX200, however since installing the card I've noticed sometimes when I'm in the same room as the router my notebook WiFi signal will drop a bar. This never used to happen with my DW1830 so it seems as though the range on the AX200 is worse? I'm using an ASUS AC68U router on 5GHz. Anyone know why this might be?

Vasudev likes this.