Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (Cyclone Peak 2)/AX201 (Harrison Peak 2)/Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650

Discussion in 'Networking and Wireless' started by Spartan, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Dennismungai

Dennismungai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hmm, I could if I installed the service.
    Last time this mess happened, I had to reset Windows 10 to use my laptop again.
    Not sure if I want to go through the same trauma again.

Off my head, the services that could not recover were mostly Windows Input service, Windows update and Windows Local Profile assistant service (which prevented logons).

For games I play: Battlefield 1, Battlefield V, Devil May Cry 5, Sekiro. A list off my head.

Papusan likes this.
  2. Killer_Networking

Killer_Networking Company Representative

Reputations:
    Thank you again for that feedback and I will notate that for future use if needed. I dont want you to go through a headache again, but generally if you do see issues we ask that you submit a ticket with us so we can help resolve it and move forward so we can assist other users that may run into this issue. We have not had any issues with users reporting those particular games but it is very likely that one of the services you mentioned could have been the issue. All great games btw!

Again if you run into any further issues please let us know so we can assist, and if you wish to try again, I would start by unchecking each of those services from the list and verify where your issue may have been. Thank you again for your time and patience! - Nicholas with Killer Networking.

Papusan likes this.
  3. Dennismungai

Dennismungai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Case in point: I have an Asus GM501GS-XS74 which came with an Intel 9560 WLAN card.
    This, based on:

Implies that an upgrade to the aforementioned AX201NGW module would most likely be a brick on that laptop.
    I'm seeing some spotty reviews on Amazon mentioning a very different tale of incompatibility with anything older than the 10th gen platforms.

Time to hunt down for an AX200, lets' see how that upgrade goes.