Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (Cyclone Peak 2)/AX201 (Harrison Peak 2)/Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650

Discussion in 'Networking and Wireless' started by Spartan, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Sure bro, this is one of the most stable routers I've ever had. It's a set it and forget it router!

Vasudev and WhatsThePoint like this.
  2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    So, what happened to your Netgear AX router?
    Isn't 99% of the routers set and forget mechanism?
    I usually hear my family members asking for the password (along with some sour words) every time I setup new routers or simply reinstall firmware w/ factory default settings optimised for best performance and zero security. Haha...

3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
  4. Aivxtla

Aivxtla Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Decent review. My only gripes are that the reviewer thinks the A7000 should be faster just because its "external", I don't think they realize most laptop's antennas are on either side of the laptop display or in an antenna bar right under the display bezel or both, and aren't tiny by any means compared to the relatively flimsy looking adapter where both antennas so close to each other. Also the entire multi tasking with streaming, downloads and gaming at the same time seems a bit of edge case scenario, that's usually Killer's justification for the usefulness of the QoS suite, though it ironically causes more bandwidth and other issues at various times in "regular" use. Also they could have just tested transfers to USB storage rather than two lan ports to bypass the ethernet limit with two iperf instances. The RAX80 can hit over 140-150 MB/s on USB storage.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    Papusan likes this.
  5. somebodyelse

somebodyelse Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    My HP zBook 15u G6 came with Intel AC-9560.
    Logical upgrade should be AX201 card, with CNVio2 interface, but HP website lists AX200 as other WiFi choice.
    Not sure which one I should get.
    AX200 or AX201?

6. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    hm, thats a good question. maybe check and see in your machine's owner's lounge here on NBR, if anybody else has tried this upgrade?

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (Oxygen) using Tapatalk

7. WhatsThePoint

WhatsThePoint Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I've seen posts on the web that state an upgrade from a 9560 to an AX200 or Killer AX1650 is a drop in upgrade.
    I have an MSI GS75 that came with a 9560 as do most new MSI models that refused to recognize an AX200 or Killer AX1650 no matter what I did even with bios changes.
    Killer support was no help.
    MSI was no help.
    On the resellers sites I do see that they offer an AX upgrade from the stock 9560 but I did not solve the upgrade issue.
    My son uses the MSI GS75 up at Texas Tech so I don't have it here to try suggestions.
    The AX201 is probably the easiest upgrade path from a 9560.
    The notebook makers put in the 9560 as stock to save $$$$ and be able to advertize a lower starting price to keep up with the competition.

Spartan and somebodyelse like this.