Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (Cyclone Peak 2)/AX201 (Harrison Peak 2)/Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650

Discussion in 'Networking and Wireless' started by Ultra Male, Mar 26, 2019.

1. WhatsThePoint

WhatsThePoint Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It appears that the first batch of Killer AX1650 on Amazon have sold out.A second batch will be in stock on May 2nd.
    I'll probably do a clean installs with Windows 10 x64 Pro Release Candidate build 1903.
    I don't see any newer drivers than the Intel Wireless Proset v21.10.0.2
    Intel BT is still at v21.0.0.4

Ultra Male likes this.
  2. WhatsThePoint

Reputations:
    The Killer AX1650 is very close to being in consumers hands with a possibility the 1st few being delivered this weekend but the Intel AX200 that was launched at the beginning of April has yet to appear on ebay or any other source that I have found..

How much will the AX200 sell for from the China sellers on ebay?

It's not even a pre-order option from pc customizers or OEMs.

I had an Intel 9260 weeks before the Killer 1550 appeared on Amazon last year.

3. Aivxtla

Aivxtla Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Unofficial sales might start next month, since it’s now available to OEMs. Some OEMs are showing models with the AX200 for pre order with for example Razer showing May 8th as the earliest shipping date, and showing only for models with 9th Gen CPUs. I guess the big guys are also waiting to update CPU/WiFi at the same time in new models hence the delay due to supply constraints.

I don’t think smaller integrators will get these cards till the big brands get their orders/supply fulfilled. Hopefully side sales from factories will start soon.

Unlike going from the 8265ac to 9260ac I feel this seems like a bigger hardware change for companies (and marketing wise) as this also supports a new WiFi gen so initial/immediate demand must be pretty high as it’s also the only WiFi 6 adapter available for computers. The Qualcomm ax competitor; QCA 6390 is not out yet either (other than for integration testing by manufacturers) so yeah I can imagine the demand.

I ordered off Amazon as well (I wanted to wait for the non-Killer (not a fan) branded version of the Intel AX200 but didn’t have patience lol.) I know I won’t see a very big gain vs the 9260ac throughout wise (expecting a 20-25% boost) but I like testing.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    WhatsThePoint likes this.
  4. WhatsThePoint

Reputations:
    Oh,I know the feeling!

I didn't really care whether it's a Killer branded card or an Intel;what I was taken back by was the Killer AX1650 price increase over the Killer 1550.

The $5.00 increase is hardly a deal breaker plus it's the only game in town right now for early adapters.

Aivxtla likes this.
  5. Che0063

Che0063 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    And here I am with an ISP-supplied router that supports only 802.11n technology.

Still on ADSL copper telephone internet delivery in 2019 here in Australia. I may as well as be on 802.11b or g, since my internet has a max bandwith of 11 mega-bits/second.

Let's not forget our upcoming NBN. What a joke.

6. WhatsThePoint

Reputations:
    My 2 Killer AX1650 wireless cards arrived late yesterday afternoon via Amazon next day delivery.I'll be putting one in an MSI GS60 notebook that's about 5 years old and the other in a custom built gaming desktop inside a pcie x1 adapter later today.I'll be pairing them with a Netgear RAX120 WiFi 6 router.

jaybee83 likes this.
  7. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    thorough testing and comparison data with ur current wifi adapter please! ;)

oh btw guys, first offers for the intel card popped up on ebay from china sellers :)

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (Oxygen) using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    WhatsThePoint and Starlight5 like this.
  8. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

Reputations:
    Pretty reasonable prices on eBay, in my opinion. As soon as I sell one or both of my 9260's, I'll grab one of those.

jaybee83 likes this.
  9. WhatsThePoint

Reputations:
    This morning I found 5 Intel AX200 sellers on ebay,all from China with the lowest price being $24.50 USD.That's close to a $10.00 saving over the Killer AX1650 on Amazon but the shipping times from China are between 2 weeks and one and a half months.

My Killer AX1650 cards came Friday April 26th next day FREE with Amazon Prime offered on Thursday April 25th.

I cancelled my original Amazon order that was not expected to arrive until tomorrow April 29th or Tuesday April 30th.

If I remember correctly my Intel 9260 from China arrived about 20 days after ordering.

jaybee83 likes this.
  10. Aivxtla

Aivxtla Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Cancelled my second AX1650 and ordered 2 AX200s ($13 each) plus shipping for same price as 1 AX1650, directly from Provantage though it will take time to ship. Provantage I know unlike some of those eBay sellers won’t factory discarded/side production units. Plus easy returns if we get defectives.

Funny thing on Amazon I placed my first AX1650 order on 4/21 but that showed as “will arrive on 5/3” and was not shipped yet. Then I placed a second order on 4/27 and that shows as “will arrive 4/29” and was shipped yesterday. I ended up canceling the first. Not sure how that worked, looks like preorder doesn’t mean first come first serve lol.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    jaybee83 and Starlight5 like this.