INTEL VS AMD

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by LaMOi, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Papusan

Papusan TURDBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    And they are rare and difficult to obtain if you want something better than the 8 core Ryzen 5800X. http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...scale-on-laptops.834039/page-69#post-11073971

And when AMD finally can find some chips to hand over to the OEMs.... We will see the new Tiger Jokes out at same time https://videocardz.com/newz/xmg-expects-intel-tiger-lake-h-8-core-to-launch-in-late-q2
    Be sure you use the right tool. Not so fun for people that don't know how to jump of a No post boot loop due too low voltage for the clock speed:D
    Be sure you do your due dilligence. Dell etc think Plundervolt ain't so scary if you have an unlocked chips:D

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...scale-on-laptops.834039/page-62#post-11073645

A lot of nice reading for the folks:) Maybe enjoy it in coming weekend.
    BLACK LIST. Adjustable voltage control/turbo ratio limits are locked out

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    etern4l and electrosoft like this.
  2. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Early adopters are already getting their laptops, I'm talking actual consumers. That said you're not necessarily wrong, once the initial stock is spent it remains to be seen when or if restock will be available.

As to your second point why not explain how rather than just trying to scare the uninformed? I recognize you're busy trying to push your agenda but you have knowledge and skills which could instead be used to do something more productive. Or... perhaps I'm wrong and you have nothing to contribute outside of haughty derision?

3. Papusan

Reputations:
    You mean the the post above? I added in a link on how things can be screwed up. I can't remember how many that had to replace MB before people could find a fix to reset a bad overclock. Too low voltage vs your overclock (raised multi) just means that you risk NO POST. Aka you can't boot into bios or windows. Some models as I showed in the link above is more difficult to reset NVRAM. In worst case you'll need a new MB.

ThrottleStop is a good tool for overclocking. No settings will be stuck in bios. Aka easier to delete settings that don't work. There is a few who can't reset bios if they used XTU or settings that don't worked well in Bios.

Sorry if you don't understand my not the best English. My post wasn't meant to try to scare the uninformed. Only as a heads up.

4. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I recognize you're not a native speaker. I've traveled extensively and understand that misunderstandings means nothing in terms of the skills and knowledge of the person who was working in a second language; you have to sort that out in the ongoing communication. To support this point the woman who lies next to me is from a foreign country; I have learned her language and she, mine.

What I'm asking:: Could what you know be used to a more productive end? You're clearly well read in this area and are in a position to help people who are in the market now. If you need to buy today you need answers. You could help. Or not.

5. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Oh, yes MSI GE66 is already up for grabs, similarly m15 R4 - shipping in just 10 - 30 days. Availability is availability. It's a no-brainer, just ordered 4 for the family. Best money ever spent, right?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  6. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Looking deeper intel has better idle power consumption, iGPU, and has Thunderbolt 3 enabling eGPU connection. So basically AMD would be better for high end DTRs, ideally with modular graphics, Intel is probably the better option for lighter, portable notebooks.

NuclearLizard likes this.
  7. Papusan

Reputations:
    I understand 4 languages included my main language. And its more difficult to learn it much better when you have become an older man. Lack of time will also come into this. Thats it.

I posted my best guesses. AMD struggle with demand and Intel will come out with new chips early summer and coming fall/winter. And I posted links. It's a hard time for gamers and pc enthusiasts now. A big shortage of parts + inflated prices if you want hardware from newest tech. A lot is written about it on the web. A fast search on the web can confirm this.

What I would do... Wait it out and see whats pop up. In within not so many months we will see DDR5, PCIe-5, Intel finally out with new chips... In short totally new tech vs what we have had the last half decade. If you need hardware now then expect you won't get everything you want the first weeks.

And be you sure. I try as good I can to help people Giveaway - Rockit Cool Delid & Relid kit for Intel 6th/7th/8th Gen CPU's

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    etern4l likes this.
  8. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm lucky enough to have a number of grandchildren, I get it; being old isn't pretty. Congrats on your language skills; I'm still not entirely sure I completely understand Mrs Krab when it comes to the finer details.

I myself started building PCs quite a while back and it became a business. Small though, I was pulling in 5 to 10k a month and somewhere in there had started to question whether I should make my hobby my day job. I didn't do it. In hindsight my mom and pop PC building businesses probably wouldn't have done better than most and eventually failed. At this point I'm old enough to have stopped caring, I made my choices back then and in the course of time arrived here.

Am I super skilled, need no help whatsoever? Hate to say it, but no, I've tried to keep up and probably done better than average but I could use help. I'd like to define what is here now, what is coming, and where and when I should buy in. Nvidia deserves every slap upside the head it gets but that doesn't help me move forward. It does not give me the information I need to make an informed decision. You, and others here could help with that.

I'm sorry. I'm too old to tilt at windmills, my interest is not in giving scumbags the hate they deserve, I'd like to define where or what I should buy if anything at all.

unlogic, hfm and JRE84 like this.