Intel-TongFang QC7 (Element/Fusion 15/MAG-15/Vapor 15 Pro)

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by B0B, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Prerana

Prerana Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Where did you bought it from ? I saw two listing one from EU and other from australia

http://www.au-laptop-adapter.com/battery-getac-gkidt-03-17-3s2p-0-96114.html
    http://www.replacement-laptop-battery.co.uk/batteries-getac-2917.html

2. B0B

B0B B.O.A.T.

Reputations:
    The OP has been cleaned up and updated with some insights on progress.

3. FMruss

FMruss Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Sigh... disappointment. Seems the helios 500 amd version has the thermals down.

4. B0B

B0B B.O.A.T.

Reputations:
    Yes a suitcase versus a carry-on will fit more clothing too :)

alaskajoel likes this.
  5. Shere Khaan

Shere Khaan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    XMG now have the Fusion 15 up for order starting at around 1599 euros for the 1660 ti.

https://bestware.com/de/xmg-fusion-15.html

Having had a look at eluktronics vs XMG, it seems eluktronics is cheaper, but if you have to pay the TVA, VAT, etc, then I think xmg is a better bet for the 1660 ti. If you want the 2070 max Q though, xmg charge a whopping 462 euros for that upgrade and the eluktronics is cheaper even with the TVA/VAT.

Warranty is another matter entirely.

Looking forward to your 1660 ti review, B0B.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    XMG likes this.
  6. vs40

vs40 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This display flex is little bit disappointing, and he is barely touching it.

[​IMG]

7. Felix_Argyle

Felix_Argyle Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Those are good temps, but to be fair you are playing Apex, and different games have different CPU utilization ;-) When I play WoW Classic I also get temps in 70's even without undervolting or limiting PL on my CPU (it is 60w by default), however when I try other games - the temps jump up to 90's. I can also keep temps from doing that with -.125 undervolt but most people will not do that, especially people who do not watch honest YouTube videos who mention undervolting or read these forums. So yea, these results are good but I would also like to see the results without undervolting or limiting CPU power.

I am also curious to see the performance in non-gaming tasks. For example, here are my results in Cinebench, this is at "Ultra Performance" setting in Dell Power Manager and -.125 undervolt applied:
    cinebench maximum.PNG

8. B0B

B0B B.O.A.T.

Reputations:
    Well for one let’s not look at that video as if that is how I’m going to be portraying this laptop :) if you check the description I believe I give some insight as to what battlefield five was like using the same settings.

Two, this does have an undervolt out of the box. -.050

Lastly, we are working on the safe limits of the CPU to perhaps have a stronger undervolt within the factory software so the customer doesn’t have to do that.

Papusan likes this.
  9. Felix_Argyle

Felix_Argyle Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You mean undervolt by default? I don't believe it is a good idea, different CPUs might tolerate different undervolt amount, I've seen some posts on Reddit where people said their 8750h or 9750h could only tolerate -.50. Would be better if there would be a slider in Eluktronics software to let people choose it and do their own test to see if this will work.

10. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I would be surprised to see -50mv being an issue. I've had 15 or so 8750h laptops and the worst one would do 128mv. I'm sure Intel builds much more than 50mv into their tolerance.

seanwee and Papusan like this.