Intel-TongFang QC7 (Element/Fusion 15/MAG-15/Vapor 15 Pro)

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by B0B, Sep 2, 2019.

1. CreatureCore

CreatureCore Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    No I haven't done the optional Oct update because I don't trust Microsoft to do anything right when they just release a new version.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  2. Saurabh Prasad

Saurabh Prasad Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My windows key has stopped working today(received the laptop on 2nd Nov). The backlight works on the key and the windows key of On screen keyboard works which indicate no issue with the mapping or anything.

FALSE ALARM!!

Control center has a setting to disable windows key which accidently got enabled.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2019
  3. Eluktronics

Eluktronics Company Representative

Reputations:
    Have not heard of this before but does the same FPS drop occur if you plug in to your 165Hz monitor? Have you tried disabling V-Sync?

Did you install the latest BIOS on the support page as well? The Control Center and BIOS updates are designed to go hand-in-hand.

B0B likes this.
  4. buffalofloyd

buffalofloyd Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    First off, thank you so much for responding.

I have not plugged into my 165hz monitor, I can try that. V-sync is not enabled, it is set to "let application decide", which is the same way I have my desktop GPU set up, which is a 1080ti. All the graphical settings are the same except as my desktop GPU except where I can select "performance" over "quality" I have chosen "performance".

I am on the latest BIOS, yes.

5. eddi3x3x3

eddi3x3x3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    NVM, electroboost shows up after a command center update

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  6. Helgrinds

Helgrinds Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just got my computer today and tried installing the soundblaster connect. In one of the installation instructions it said to check if it registered volume control. I'm a bit unclear what this means. I assumed that when I changed the computer volume the vplume in the application would change, but it didn't. Did something go wrong in the installation?

7. eddi3x3x3

Reputations:
    I'm semi disappointed with the performance vs the m15. M15 is way quieter with thermals that aren't too different after tuning... Will post mini review later

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Mag 15 can possibly match the Alienware m15 on Max fan acoustics IF you set it to standard fan but even then the fans have a little more whiney noise vs m15's woosh on max...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2019
  8. tinytop69

tinytop69 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So I pulled the trigger on the laptop and received it today. And I’m already having an issue after just installing some programs. I’ve made no serious change to the machine itself outside of installing another NVME drive.

the pc is now in a black screen boot loop. I can see the black light on the keyboard lighting up but the screen remains off. Eventually the pc turns off and restarts all over again

Anyone run into this one yet?

9. eddi3x3x3

Reputations:
    No but several people just downloaded the drivers and bios from eluktronics on a usb and then did a clean install of windows 10 and most of the issues went away

10. tinytop69

tinytop69 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I’ll end up doing that but even with my windows boot drive, the screen won’t turn on at all and Still stuck in reboot loop.

very very disappointing. Haven’t even owned the thing for an hr