Intel-TongFang QC7 (Element/Fusion 15/MAG-15/Vapor 15 Pro)

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by B0B, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Eluktronics

Eluktronics Company Representative

Reputations:
    It is false advertising. They've mentioned a few things that aren't accurate at this point such as claiming it has a vapor chamber heatsink. Every manufacturer who offers the QC7 receives the same exact hardware worldwide.

Not certain why you would like to buy the heatsink and fans separately?

When you switch from Gaming mode to Gaming + EluktroBoost mode your PL limits should increase automatically.

We've seen a bug in Windows 10 before with this. Please right click on your start button, select device manager, expand the Network adapters node, right click on the wireless adapter and select disable device. Once you re-enable see if that resolves.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2019
    hmscott likes this.
  2. Saurabh Prasad

Saurabh Prasad Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Boot now takes around 15 seconds average. But waking from stand by takes 8 seconds consistently. Its more than my 5 year old laptop.
    Also fast boot is enabled in bios and windows

3. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    15 seconds is OK, not the fastest but not bad. Waking from stand by on the other hand should be no more than a second.

4. eddi3x3x3

eddi3x3x3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I wonder if it's the Intel ssd... Have you tried checking if there is an updated to Intel rapids storage?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

5. Saurabh Prasad

Reputations:
    I updated the intel rapid storage today itself from the Eluktronics official site. yeah boot time is fine with me by the wake up time is minimum 7 sec mostly around 8-10. My older laptop with only 5400 rpm hardrive wakes up in 4-5 seconds

6. eddi3x3x3

Reputations:
    To replace my heatsink in case I'm out of warranty in the future

7. Saurabh Prasad

Reputations:
    Updated the intel rapid storage driver from intel website. A couple of seconds improvement on boot times. I think I can live with this.
    But whats bugging me is Fan turns on every single time i restart or wake up from sleep. And can hear fan noise for 3-5 minutes before it turns silent. This happens 100% of time i wake up from sleep mode.
    I am on battery save mode of control center(updated) and fans quiet.
    This is kind of a big nuisance for me. Please help

8. eddi3x3x3

Reputations:
    Have you checked to see if it's doing something CPU intensive when it wakes up?

9. Randomisity

Randomisity Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi,

I did see your post - it's actually one reason why I got curious about what BIOS version people were getting with their machines! We both have Aftershock Vapors and we both received it with 0038. They'd told me I'd picked up the very last unit they had from their first shipment, so I imagine everyone before me also has 0038. I'm primarily curious about whether there's a difference between Eluktronics, XMG and Aftershock.

Thanks for the review!

Is boot time affected by the amount of RAM etc your machine has? How much RAM do you have in your configuration?

In terms of sleep/wake/boot concerns, what I don't like is that there seems to be no power management trigger for *opening* the lid, only for closing - i.e. closing the lid can be set to put the machine to sleep, but opening it does nothing and you have to manually hit the power button, which I find to be an irritant

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  10. Jarrod'sTech

Jarrod'sTech Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    From my understanding the BIOS is provided to them by Intel, you should be able to install a newer version from elsewhere, say XMG, on the Vapor 15.