Intel-TongFang QC7 (Element/Fusion 15/MAG-15/Vapor 15 Pro)

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by B0B, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Eluktronics

Eluktronics Company Representative

Reputations:
    Can you send a DM with a screenshot and also check the amount you were charged via whichever method you used? Are you located in Connecticut? I'm quite certain I've located your order and the captured funds as well as the order shows $1,599 even.

2. DrManhattan

DrManhattan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    DM sent (at least I think ? I used the "create a conversation" option"), thanks for your help

3. Shinzawai

Shinzawai Newbie

Reputations:
    @Eluktronics do you update the BIOS, control center etc yourselves on future to be shipped out models?

Also do you have similar/identical adapted power/fan profiles as mentioned by XMG in this thread or do you use the Intel standard ones?

4. zinv

zinv Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys, I've been eyeing this laptop for the longest time now and like for what it is and what it isn't. However, I'd like to get your opinion on how much of an upgade it will turn out to be given my current machine.

I'm using a little over a year old ASUS GM501GS (i7-8750H, GTX1070), I'm thinking it'll bee a minor upgrade at most, given the improvements on the CPU and GPU. What do you guys think? Still vetting if the lack of GSYNC on the MAG-15 if it comes out as a sidegrade overall.

TIA!

5. CreatureCore

CreatureCore Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Outside of a smaller footprint, battery size, and much better build quality you wouldnt really be gaining much of anything.

seanwee likes this.
  6. mkoev

mkoev Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well and the battery on the MAG is a bit bigger. For some reason ppl all over the Internet are really hyped over a bigger battery on a gaming laptop. I've never gamed on battery so it's not something I care about, but if I were you I wouldn't replace the Asus. You won't gain anything noticeable I think.

7. zinv

zinv Newbie

Reputations:
    @CreatureCore @mkoev Thanks for the inputs! I was afraid of hearing that, but it is what is is, I guess.

8. B0B

B0B B.O.A.T.

Reputations:
    The bigger battery isn’t geared to game longer unplugged.

In fact as strange as this may be to a few out there, gaming laptops are meant to be gamed on while plugged in and unplugged when you need it.

It’s also why you never see me talking about game time on battery. That’s a quick way to shorten the lifespan of your battery with that rapid discharge.

9. Derek T

Derek T Newbie

Reputations:
    Does Mag 15 or XMG Fusion 15 available for Canadian Market?

I am trying to buy this but amazon said it doesn't deliver to Canada.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

10. eddi3x3x3

eddi3x3x3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What is your guys opinion of switching from 1070 max q laptop to this mag 15? currently have an alienware m15 r1 and I need an RTX gpu for some machine learning applications I'm working on... I only like laptops with ports (especially power plug) in the back.