Intel-TongFang QC7 (Element/Fusion 15/MAG-15/Vapor 15 Pro)

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by B0B, Sep 2, 2019.

1. eddi3x3x3

eddi3x3x3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm not Bob and I apologize for this but the 2060 on Triton 500 is more than enough to push frames on it. However, the 2070 Max q version of the Triton 500 has a mux switch for gsync and Optimus. Also keep in mind the Triton 500 is a little hard to service since the motherboard is flipped

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

2. Helgrinds

Helgrinds Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No problem, any help is always welcome :)

Having a laptop that is hard to service isn't too big of a factor for me, mainly design, performance, and portability. I've read that in theory that the Triton 500 with a 2060 should perform better than the mag-15 with a 2070, but I never got a clarification on how big the difference would be. Currently I'm leaning towards the mag-15 even if I lose a few frames, but I don't want to lose too many.

3. eddi3x3x3

Reputations:
    Mag 15 with 2070 Max q is around 10% more performance vs 2060 Unless you play GPU heavy games and throttle the CPU a bit, the performance is between 2070 Max q and 2080 Max q according to ownordisown

4. Helgrinds

Reputations:
    Oh damn, really? Even with whatever thermal throttling stock mag-15 has?
    I was talking to someone earlier and they said that the 2060 performs better on average in games (like 5 or 6%?), but I would guess they're wrong then.

Thanks for the help!

5. eddi3x3x3

Reputations:
    No problem, if you have anymore questions you can ask ownordisown since he has the 2070 Max q version. Even with the throttling its still better than other 2070 Max q and if you undervolt and limit the CPU you can probably get some better temps still.

Helgrinds likes this.
  6. Felix_Argyle

Felix_Argyle Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This is absolutely wrong - 2070 Max-q will perform better than 2060 if the 2060 is not overclocked and uses stock 80w power limit.

This is a perfect "apples-to-apples" comparison since both of those models use same exact cooling system and thermal paste in his test:
    ndbcvjdrgf.PNG

Same will apply to any other notebook which offers 2060 and 2070 Max-q options (if they have same power limit).

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    genexis_x, seanwee and Helgrinds like this.
  7. Helgrinds

Reputations:
    Oh wow, thanks for the link!
    I'm not super knowledgable about the details of things like this (as you may have noticed), so I love it when people like you help! Guess I know what I'm going to be buying

wtferrell likes this.
  8. wtferrell

wtferrell Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This is wrong. My 2070 Max Q runs within 3% of the stock 2080 Max Q of my MSI GS65 Stealth too.

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/spy/8794750/spy/8221733#

I've just gotta get the CPU temps under control, but even moreso, the fan noise.

Another thing I noticed today, is that my entire trackpad's bottom right corner is out of the chassis. It's sitting a good 1/8" above the chassis, to where I can fully see underneath the trackpad.

9. Arondel

Arondel Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    A Reddit user got an email response after contacting them about a bulging battery in only four hours... on a Sunday! It seems their support is pretty good, if you ask me.

Have you reached out to @Eluktronics? I'm sure they will help you out!

10. eddi3x3x3

Reputations:
    Isn't that a 80w variant 2080 Max q?