Intel-TongFang QC7 (Element/Fusion 15/MAG-15/Vapor 15 Pro)

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by B0B, Sep 2, 2019.

1. fals3

fals3 Newbie

Reputations:
    sorry to derail the conversation, but is anyone else having performance issues with the mag? Just got it today and wanted to test Overwatch, and was getting massive stuttering on the title screen. Was actually getting 16 frames max in the practice range. I checked the display settings and it was using integrated graphics? Also, checked the device manager, and got a code 28 error. dunno if thats related at all, but it was something i was worried about.

EDIT: so, after installing a windows again, and restarting for the past few hours, the performance is finally normal. I still have that device bug thing tho

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    SuperRetinaXDR likes this.
  2. A_Grounded_Pilot

A_Grounded_Pilot Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Now you know how well Overwatch runs on integrated graphics. Go into the Nvidia control panel and select your discrete GPU for Overwatch and report back.

3. fals3

fals3 Newbie

Reputations:
    Yeah, restarting and putting a fresh windows fixed it. I don't like how they made nvidia control panel a windows app :c.

4. Eluktronics

Eluktronics Company Representative

Reputations:
    Glad to hear everything is working as it should after a fresh re-install. I completely agree, being required to install apps when you connect to the internet such as the NVIDIA control panel is irritating. Unfortunately this is becoming a standard for apps through Windows 10.

5. SuperRetinaXDR

SuperRetinaXDR Newbie

Reputations:
    Are you still having the device manager bug? What are your thoughts in the keyboard and display?

6. fals3

fals3 Newbie

Reputations:
    Yeah, still having that bug unfortunately, so if anyone has any suggestions I am all ear.

The keyboard: like a lot of people have already said, it does get some getting used to. But personally, as soon as I tried them out, I loved them. I've used blue, brown, red, silent, and green razer switches, so I love mechanical keyboards. This one feels like a more tactile chiclet(?) style keyboard bc the travel is similar to other laptops. but overall, its super tactile, which i like. the initial force to push is a little high though.

display is great: better than I expected. Then again, I do look at a 1440p tn panel. I really like the display its solid

i would also like to note that the speakers..... are not good. I would be all for paying an extra 20 for better speakers.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    jkz likes this.
  7. wtferrell

wtferrell Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I love the keyboard, and the display is REALLY nice. Or at least mine is.

My CPU is running extremely hot, and the fans are running LOUD. My CPU when playing NBA 2k20, Ultra settings, is getting to 95+. This is with the Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut upgrade from Eluktronics. The fans are running full throttle, which is aggravating as well, because they're loud. It performs well, and the GPU hovers from 70-74, but man... the CPU and fans are ruining my experience so far. I'm not sure if there are any options to help this. I'm just not sure if they applied the Conductonaut on my system or not. Surely the "norm" for a sports game wouldn't be constantly hitting 95 with Conductonaut, right? My 9880 in the MSI GS65 didn't get nearly that hot. It stayed around 87-89 for the most part.

8. fals3

fals3 Newbie

Reputations:
    any mag 15 users have shortish battery life? im getting around 5 hrs of video playback on this thing when I realistically should be getting around 7

9. SuperRetinaXDR

SuperRetinaXDR Newbie

Reputations:
    Screen brightness will have a significant impact on battery life.

10. eddi3x3x3

eddi3x3x3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I really hope the fans aren't much louder than Alienware m15..... :/

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk